SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Good slapback retro style delay

What's Hot
JDEJDE Frets: 1092
edited July 2018 in FX £
Open to anything that suits for blues/bit of country/bit of jazz. Nothing too high fidelity or complicated, thanks! Happy to straight buy or have some stuff to trade too if you’d like. Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    Have you tried one? I really didn't think.much of it at all
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    edited July 2018
    I haven’t tbh, it just seems to be designed for what I’m after. I’ve got a lot of delay options covered, but slap back and faux ADT is my main bag. I would look at a Deco but sometimes I prefer more than just one repeat. I love the Aqua Puss but I have a tendency to make them clip or the buffer in them makes everything too bright. 
    I suspect I should probably just get a Waza delay, but as this seemed so promising on paper I thought why not! Thanks for the word of caution, though!
    Don't bother fella if slap back is what your after el cap Dunlop echoplex or belcat analog delay which is cheap is your friend. Been through loads searching for rockabilly slap back and these three are the best
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Thanks mate - will broaden my search!
  • I've got Tech 21 DLA which is pretty cool for retro slap back, if your interested?
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7125
    edited July 2018
    A wise man on here (compared to me anyway) said the £20 Belcat was the best option for old school / rockabilly slap back and he has owned cart loads of pedals. 

EDIT - actually I think leerocker put him onto it originally too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7851
    I have a friend who sold his El Cap, and uses a Nux Tape Core for slapback.  Claims it's the best.  the DM2 is a favourite amongst the Rockabilly crowd.  As is the Strymon El Cap.  I use Flashback 2 and Boss DD500.  All I need right there.
    TheMarlin said:
    I have a friend who sold his El Cap, and uses a Nux Tape Core for slapback.  Claims it's the best.  the DM2 is a favourite amongst the Rockabilly crowd.  As is the Strymon El Cap.  I use Flashback 2 and Boss DD500.  All I need right there.
    Yep the nux is a good shout too, i love the el cap tho!
    A wise man on here (compared to me anyway) said the £20 Belcat was the best option for old school / rockabilly slap back and he has owned cart loads of pedals. 

EDIT - actually I think leerocker put him onto it originally too
    Yep they are great! has to be the white and blue one not the newer carbon copy looking one, can be had on ebay for around 10 to 15 quid
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    Boss Dm2 or DM3 work well for slapback
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    Another vote for the Dunlop Echoplex.....pricey but amazingly good.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • Moog minifoogwr mf delay of any interest to you bud?
  • I've got a brand new Maxon AD-9 Pro Analog delay for sale. It's THE pedal for soft, uncomplicated warm slapback (I run one on my own board). RRP is £229 (look them up). Feel free to make me an offer if you're interested.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    The Cast Engineering Casper I have for sale is wonderfully simple and sounds great. I'm only parting with it as I need tap tempo.