Need help identifying Strat pickups

What's Hot
ADPADP Frets: 184

I've just bought a used Fender Classic Player 50s Strat, which came with a set of Bare Knuckle pickups (either Apaches or '63 Veneer Boards) fitted and another set of pickups in the Bare Knuckle box. I assumed the ones in the box were the original pickups, but it turns out that they're not. I'm not too disappointed; I have a set in another guitar and wouldn't mind something different. I just wonder what they are.

They have staggered non-bevelled magnets, black fibre bobbins, cloth wire - black and white on the neck and bridge pickups and black and yellow on the RWRP middle pickup. The DC resistances are 6.4kΩ (neck), 6.6kΩ (middle) and 7.8kΩ (bridge). They have no markings or stickers etc. Does anyone have any idea what they might be? I thought perhaps a set of Texas Specials with a seriously overwound bridge but I don't think they stray that much outside the quoted resistance. They may not even be Fenders.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    The readings you quote for the boxed pickups are too low for Fender Texas Specials. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    They are, but Fender's website quotes the readings for the Texas Specials as neck pickup: 6.2kΩ, middle: 6.5kΩ and bridge: 6.5-7.1kΩ. Allowing for a little variation, the neck and middle are feasible, but the bridge is well outside what you'd expect. Mind you, apparently readings as high as 7.5kΩ have been seen for the bridge, especially in early versions. If they're Fenders, they might well be just that.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    I don't think Bare Knuckle use yellow cloth wire on their pickups.  I've always had to use a polarity checker to see what mine were after I had got a few sets with different options.
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    I did consider the Irish Tours, but the yellow cloth and non-bevelled magnets ruled them out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom