Asado bbq; help!

What's Hot
MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3021
edited July 2018 in Off Topic
Help! I’ve been asked to help with an Argentinian style asado bbq friday night. I need to set it up tomorrow night. There is apparently a frame to tie a whole lamb carcass on, the idea is to make a fire pit on the ground and hang the lamb over it on an angle, turning occasionally and basting.

I nor anyone involved have never done this before; any chance that any of you fine folk might have and can share some bbq wisdom? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    I’m jealous, would love to try that

i don’t think there is much to it, just got to make sure it doesn’t topple onto the fire or fall off the frame

get a big chunk of a rosemary bush to use for basting
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    probably worth watching The mind of a chef on Netflix if you have it.   They do this at the end of series 3 episode 3.    Chef's table may have a bit on it too 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    thats a real baa b q .... lamb tastic ...
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3021
    edited July 2018
    Cool thanks @WezV ;We have a whole welsh saltmarsh lamb courtesy of my farmer brother in law. I’m sure we’ll manage somehow, looks like you need to make a big fire with wood initially then let it burn down and cook with the embers for a few hours. I’ll take photos if it goes well. 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    I quit roasting cold turkey, because thats where most of my anger is baste. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom