Who is this in the Luke Cage series?!

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6867
Theres been some cool music in this show so far, but I’m sitting here watching Season 2, Episode 2 and theres a guy playing some wicked bluesy guitar. 

Based on seeing real musicians/rappers performing in the show so far, (Jidenna and Method Man), I’m presuming this guy/band is also real! 

I could google it but I like being social and asking you lot stuff! 

The artist in question is a black fella, playing a yellow Gibson Sg with triple P90’s. 

Anyone know? 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BenBen Frets: 114
    Gary Clark Jr !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    edited July 2018
    This one is just excellent

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6867
    Ben said:
    Gary Clark Jr !

Yessss thats him! 

Cheers bud  

That track you linked to is also great, gonna have to add Gary Clark Jr to my list! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    The whole soundtrack to 
    Luke Cage series 2 is awesome and the idea of having artists in the Club works a treat 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16642
    edited July 2018
    Chistone Kingfish Ingram is in the episode after Gary (edit: its episode 4).  Even my wife wowed his guitar playing.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Is Luke Cage decent? I loved both DDs, JJ, and the Punisher especially. Wasn't blown away by Cage's character in JJ.
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    gusman2x said:
    Is Luke Cage decent? I loved both DDs, JJ, and the Punisher especially. Wasn't blown away by Cage's character in JJ.
    His solo series are brilliant and works really well for the style of almost Blaxplotation show
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited July 2018
    Luke Cage is good. All those Netflix Marvel have been good actually. Even Iron Fist, which wasn't overly spectacular, was waaay better than any of the DC/Arrow/Gotham-type series. Even Supergirl lost the attention of my daughters who, as nearly teenagers, are surely the target audience for the show! They said the stories were feeble.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    Luke Cage is very good... arguably the best of the bunch, very gritty... DD (season 2) and IF got hung up on "The Hand" story line, which I appreciate was likely drawn from the comic stories. JJ verses Tennant was total mental fear.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I watched the first series, got excited when i recognised Charles Bradley's voice on the stage, then saw his face and thought.. alright, this series is worth it :)

Do i need to have watched all the other stuff and what not to watch series 2?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16642

Nah, its sits nicely apart from the others. 

It does reference a few things that happen in the other series, but its minimal

• WezV said:
    Love that vibrato. He's awesome.