Car washing - why no suds?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Check this guy out .. wash your car without touching it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Check this guy out .. wash your car without touching it.

I do those first 2 steps with a Nilfisk pressure washer and Karcher car foam, works a treat and if I do it in the right weather there are that little water stains it isn’t worth bothering about..

I then do the windows with a Karcher window vac.

I do those first 2 steps with a Nilfisk pressure washer and Karcher car foam, works a treat and if I do it in the right weather there are that little water stains it isn’t worth bothering about..

Interesting. I just got a big Karcher (to do the patio and garden furniture) but I was thinking of getting the car kit. The system is electronic and has a car setting.

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6867
    I have a smallish karcher, used it for years to clean the car, which is laden with chips, dents and scratches.

As long as you’re sensible and keep a little distance between lance and paint, I’ve never had it take any more paint off from around the damage, but I’m extra cautious in those areas, which is practically the entire car now...

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    So one in 10 washes work?

doesnt matter what product?

and you’ve tried new bucket and sponges?

Are you taking the water from an outside tap or indoor and are there any softeners fitted to your supply?
  • Fretwired said:

Interesting. I just got a big Karcher (to do the patio and garden furniture) but I was thinking of getting the car kit. The system is electronic and has a car setting.
    The Karcher car foam is awesome, it looks like the car is covered in snow after the foaming. And don’t think it’s an expensive product either as a bottle does both cars (CRV and Saxo) 6-7 times each.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5615
    grungebob said:

Are you taking the water from an outside tap or indoor and are there any softeners fitted to your supply?
    Well one in ten-ish, I wasn’t being exact. Doesn’t seem to matter what product and I’ve tried various buckets and sponges. Starting to think the only variable left is me!

Mostly i take water from the kitchen but sometimes from the outside tap. That doesn’t seem to alter anything either. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• DougDoug Frets: 172
    Don't waste your time and effort, visit your local friendly Eastern European car wash crew that uses 'Autoglym' products, hand them £6 inc £1 tip, my local team do a superb job :)
    Doug said:
    Don't waste your time and effort, visit your local friendly Eastern European car wash crew that uses 'Autoglym' products, hand them £6 inc £1 tip, my local team do a superb job :)

What? Only £6 ... there's only one near me and it's priced by car size. Mine would be £15 with a tip .. £30 with the wife's car.

Fretwired said:

The Karcher car foam is awesome, it looks like the car is covered in snow after the foaming. And don’t think it’s an expensive product either as a bottle does both cars (CRV and Saxo) 6-7 times each.
    I shall order some and get foaming .... :-)

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Don’t worry about it ;-) 
    How very rock and roll
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    Haych said:
    grungebob said:

Well one in ten-ish, I wasn’t being exact. Doesn’t seem to matter what product and I’ve tried various buckets and sponges. Starting to think the only variable left is me!

Mostly i take water from the kitchen but sometimes from the outside tap. That doesn’t seem to alter anything either. 
    Weirdly I am a negative variable when it comes to bubbles. I think it's something to do with the oils from my skin but bubbles disappear quickly when I put my hands in - whether it's washing up, washing the car or even bubble bath. If I put on rubber gloves and do the washing up the same way then the bubbles stay.

I imagine it's also a superpower in some way, but I haven't worked out how yet!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 110
    So if I wanted to move away from buckets which pressure washer should I be looking at? I'm not looking to spend hundreds of pounds but something around £150ish.