Tips for buying a new house?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9175
    rlw said:
    3/4 bedrooms

so do you mean 3 or do you mean 4? I hate it when estate agents list houses this way, it has either 3 or it has 4. Tell me which!

Your requirement may be for 4 beds (3 acceptable at a pinch) or for 3 (but 4 could be better for the future so if you can get 4 for the price you'll do it) but IMO "3/4 bedrooms" is a hopelessly inaccurate expression
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 1696
    3 or 4 bedrooms is what I mean 
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 5251
    rlw said:
    3/4 bedrooms

so do you mean 3 or do you mean 4? I hate it when estate agents list houses this way, it has either 3 or it has 4. Tell me which!

Your requirement may be for 4 beds (3 acceptable at a pinch) or for 3 (but 4 could be better for the future so if you can get 4 for the price you'll do it) but IMO "3/4 bedrooms" is a hopelessly inaccurate expression
    Agents will count any room that doesn’t have an obvious use as a possible extra bedroom. So it’s either a “study” or  “bedroom 4” so they can get away with saying 3/4 bedrooms. When we had an agent round to value our place a while back, he listed it as 4/5 bedrooms, even though “bedroom 5” is a tiny room we use to put our coats and shoes in and used to be where the dog slept. You can’t even fit a single bed in there!! 
    agents = dickheads
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    agents = dickheads
    Perhaps a little harsh......
    rlw said:
    agents = dickheads
    but only slightly
    rlw said:
    agents = dickheads
    but only slightly
    you're a hard man....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 76
    All I can say is estate agents are not all equal! For me, luckily, mine has been great! Constantly in touch with updates, on the ball with getting viewings.

However, some other agencies are murder at tryo g to sort viewings. It's almost like they can't be arsed! I know they must deal with lots of time wasters but some of us actually want to see it with a view of purchasing!