Chibson Firebird

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Is that control cover recessed, or sitting proud there?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 500
    Sitting proud. God knows why. The seller says he'll send me a new guitar and I can return this one when I receive the replacement but I very much doubt he intends to do that. He ignored the message I sent yesterday and I strongly suspect I'm stuck with this. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    Sitting proud. God knows why. The seller says he'll send me a new guitar and I can return this one when I receive the replacement but I very much doubt he intends to do that. He ignored the message I sent yesterday and I strongly suspect I'm stuck with this. 
    How did you pay?  Maybe it's worth disputing through that channel?
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    TBH if it sounds and plays ok
    £190 is pretty good for a FB copy
    Is that a Alex Lifeson amp in the background :)
    Yeah - it's the stadium spec model!
    Just heard from the seller. Says he can't find a Firebird like the one in the pictures on his website. Which, by now, is no real surprise.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9593
    Yes. I breed bonsai Friesians.
    We had one of them. Half boarder collie, half cow.
    What, you just gave him a bed and an evening meal?
    edited May 2014
    I'm really glad I joined this forum. Crap jokes are one of my favourite things. 

?
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431

It looks more like an explorer tbh. I love the new FBpickups, but they need adjusting correctly. once 'right', they sound better than BBs. They have a 'hot spanky tele' tone.

Totally agree.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Yeah - it's the stadium spec model!
    Not an Arrix Rifeson, then...?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    edited May 2014

I have to put my modminny hat on here and explain that selling "items that are not what they appear to be" is illegal and can't be done on the forum.

Talking about them is fine, showing pictures of them is fine, but advertising them for sale (however informally) is not.

[edit]
    And I've just edited the various comments in this discussion to remove any references to illegal activity.  I've done that purely to ensure that we can not be seen as being involved in illegal activity.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited May 2014
    TTony said:
    ?
    Ah-hem

I have to put my modminny hat on here and explain that selling "items that are not what they appear to be" is illegal and can't be done on the forum.
    Oh come on @TTony, it looks nothing like a real Gibson Firebird, that's why @Fatfingers is selling it! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    And it's not being sold as a Gibson, no different to selling a Burney Les Paul imo.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

I thought it said Chippy and Son ?

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10264
    edited May 2014 tFB Trader
    I agree totally with @TTony on this.

He is merely trying to safeguard your forum from both legal problems and being brought into disrepute. The Gibson logo is clearly visible in the pictures and not 'blurred out' ... and offers for sale of a badged counterfeit guitar are illegal however you cut it . If trading standards were to get involved there would be all sorts of problems.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    One guitar always seems to slip through the net
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    One guitar always seems to slip through the net
    You - the forum membership - are effectively the net.

The modmin team can't read every single post on every single topic, so we rely on you flagging things that are inappropriate.  We can then look at what's been flagged and decide what - if any - action is required.

Discussions of Chibsons is not illegal - and it's a topic of legitimate interest - which is why GuitarGeek's threads were fine, as was this one *until* the post earlier today.  But unless everyone fancies chipping in a few £k each (thought not!) to cover legal costs so that we can defend the forum from any actions, we're going to be very careful about any aspect that is apparently not legal, based on the advice that we've been given.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    To be fair, that one is a lot nicer than mine.
  • @ttony would it be okay if it had a custom logo and no reference to the g word on it, or any other brand?

It would encourage folks to stop faking and be a little creative - they are happy to do custom logos, and I reckon that is way cooler than a fake G one anyway!
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    edited May 2014
    Hi Tony,

Could I please clarify - am I right in understanding the issue is that a non-Gibson guitar wearing a Gibson logo should not be sold, please?

If I'm seeing the pictures correctly, the logo is just on the trussrod cover - so (to pinch the idea from an earlier poster) if the guitar were re-photographed and then advertised for sale here, with either no trussrod cover, or an unbadged one, would that then be acceptable?

Just thinking aloud, anyway - no idea how/ if usefully :)

Dan

Edit - LOL, I see I had the same thought at the same time as Paul, I just spent far too long writing it out :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current