PRS Cu24 - very versatile for gigging!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
Just did 2 gigs within 15 hrs of each other, and used my PRS Cu24 for both.  Although I love my LP, SG, Strat, Tel etc, I didn't really have time to start switching guitars/checking tuning etc.  Like the Ronseal ads, it does what it says on the tin, sounds good, holds tuning beautifully, great trem, very comfortable to play, H/B & SC tones, and covers everything I need it to do well enough. 

With my standard of play who'd notice the nuances of a LP or Strat anyway!   Posted some clips of our gig (my band is 'Dad's Army') at the East Barnet Festival yesterday, main stage (well, they were desperate! lol).  See here:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/24168/post-live-videos-of-your-band-here/p6

Not perfect by any means (we're only an amateur band), but what we lack in musicianship we make-up for with enthusiasm!  Anyway, we seemed to go down well, and got back in time for the footie lol  
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72261
    I have to say I prefer the 22-fret models, but the 'Strat' sound on them is much less good because the pickups are further apart.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    Band name's class
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Schnozz said:
    Band name's class
    Stupid boy.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Looks/sounds cool. Looks like that classic vintage yellow? Nice
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    I bought a PRS SE not that long ago, if I ever want to take one guitar somewhere, it's always that one now.  Which is fortunate as that's why I bought it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
    tFB Trader
    Yes a versatile one guitar. Does many things well. Agree with @ICBM  in that I personally prefer the CU 22 but with a 3 way switch and partial coil tap then single coil voice can be improved on both models
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I love both of mine. I have the Freeway 6-way switch in my CU22. I even did a rehearsal with my current band. The Bassist who hates the image of PRS guitars commented on how good it sounds. 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    I have recently bought an earlyish (90) Braz board CU24 with Sweet Switch and Rotary and I can't put the damn thing down - great guitar, does it all.

I've had loads of PRS in the past, but this is my 1st 24 fret Custom and whilst the old Rotary takes a bit of getting used to again, its actually (for me anyway) better than the 3 way mainly due to the amount of tones available in any of its 5 positions by just using the volume knob and the sweet switch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
    Nice one, I guess that's why players like David Grissom used them for so many years.....bit of a Swiss army knife of guitars
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    I don't play PRS guitars all the time but still have 5 of them. They are just so easy to deal with. I was working on guitar parts for a soundtrack session a couple of weeks back and, having just restrung it I used my 2001 CU24 artist pack. I ended up doing all the electric parts on it and really enjoyed using it. It seems that some folk have a downer on the HFS / vintage bass combo, I can see that side of things, but by remembering that the tone / volumes controls are there for a reason (especially the tone ) in conjunction with the 5 way, everything is right there. There is also the advantage that it stays in tune and no time is lost fixing minor issues along the way. 

@welshboyo that sounds great. I had a late 80's signature with the sweet switch. I really miss that one, some great tones.