PRS Tremonti USA advice please :)

What's Hot
FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
edited July 2018 in Guitar
Hey all!

Ive been offered a 2010 USA Tremonti at £1599. It’s in great condition 

Is that a fair price and I’m usure of the neck profile. Spec sheet online says ‘Tremonti custom wide-thin neck profile’ and that in 2011 they then changed to the ‘pattern thin profile’

Is there a massive difference between said profiles? Should I be hanging on for a post 2011 model?

Also I cannot find out what pups these originally shipped with as it’s before the days of the custom wound Tremonti models 

Many thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    I don't believe there is much of a difference between the Tremonti profile and pattern thin. I've played pattern thin and found it to be comfortable, although personally I prefer the wide-fat (which still isn't huge).

As for the pickups, I thought every Tremonti that has been produced came with his signature set. Even those old 2001/2002 black models came with the sig set, and I don't think they have changed at all over the years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DarrenDarren Frets: 168
    Yes the pickups are the same.. Uncovered high output at the bridge and covered paf like at the neck. Not 100% sure on the difference between the Tremonti wide thin and pattern wide thin? Although I did own a Tremonti (trem model) with the W/T profile and it was very nice
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I’ve had a couple.   Iirc the necks are the same as the cu24 - I could feel w slight difference between mine and my older cu24 but that one is slimmer than others I’ve tried and the Tremonti felt the same as more recent customs.  
    Im not a fan of the pickups with the bridge too hot and bright and the neck to low and dull making it hard to balance sounds but it works for some people so it’s probably a personal thing and I just like a closer output/tone.    
    That’s sound a fair price if it’s in decent condition.  
    I’d happily have another - great guitars.
  • Thanks for the help. Il pleased they are the same pups and that the neck shouldn’t be much different 

Been looking at buying one for a while and will be the most money I’ve laid done in a guitar. Previous record only being £1200 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    The Tremonti pickups basically the same as the old Dragon 1 models btw (as is the SC250 set), though traditionally, it didn’t have the same coil-splitting options that the latter has. I suspect that by 2010 they were made with 4-conductor wiring anyway.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    The trem ones I've tried were both Pattern Thin like a CU24
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14182
    tFB Trader
    Any difference in the neck profile is a gnats whisker

price wise, for a clean example, with case and tags then I don't see an issue at £1500 ish
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom