SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Zoom MS50G with MIDI kit - £70 ono

colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
edited July 2018 in FX £
Zoom MS50G along with a MIDI kit and power conversion for said kit to fit into a board setup. Kit cost me about £30 all in.

£70 inc P&P for the lot. Offers considered. SOLD!

EDIT: I've had a number of PMs asking exactly what the MIDI kit does. I shall explain.

Firstly, the pedal itself has not been altered in anyway. It has a USB port at the top, next to the power jack, and this is what the MIDI kit plugs into.

All the Zoom pedals use MIDI over USB to update their firmware or add new effects when updates are released. Some clever sod has figured out that the pedal will receive Program Control (PC) commands which allows a user to change the presets (and activate the tuner) by sending the relevant PC commands to the pedal. This is all it can do; there's no tap tempo sync, expression control, or any of that stuff, like on the Line6 M series pedals.

In the real world, it works like this.

• You need the pedal, the MIDI kit, and a MIDI capable footswitch. So, a Disaster Area switcher, a Boss ES5/8, a Musicom Lab EFX unit, a TECH21 MIDI Mouse, that sort of thing.
  • Patch in the pedal to your setup however is appropriate; either in series with other pedals as is the standard way, or in its own loop in a loop switcher.
  • Connect the MIDI kit via USB to the pedal. The Kit also needs power; I have made the appropriate converter cable so the kit can be power by a 9V boss-type PSU.
  • Connect a MIDI cable to the MIDI-IN of the kit and the MIDI-OUT of your MIDI controller/switching unit.
  • Program your switching unit to send PC commands on Channel 2 (this channel can be changed; its a pain though). Each PC number corresponds with a patch on the MS50G; so patch 1 is PC1, patch 2 PC2, and so on.
  • Sending a CC command of any number over 127 will activate the tuner.
I hope that clears things up! Please PM me if you have any more queries, or if this isn't clear.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Offers considered, need this shifting
  • Still available
  • ono
  • I've had a number of PMs asking exactly what the MIDI kit does. I shall explain.

Firstly, the pedal itself has not been altered in anyway. It has a USB port at the top, next to the power jack, and this is what the MIDI kit plugs into.

All the Zoom pedals use MIDI over USB to update their firmware or add new effects when updates are released. Some clever sod has figured out that the pedal will receive Program Control (PC) commands which allows a user to change the presets (and activate the tuner) by sending the relevant PC commands to the pedal. This is all it can do; there's no tap tempo sync, expression control, or any of that stuff, like on the Line6 M series pedals.

In the real world, it works like this.

• You need the pedal, the MIDI kit, and a MIDI capable footswitch. So, a Disaster Area switcher, a Boss ES5/8, a Musicom Lab EFX unit, a TECH21 MIDI Mouse, that sort of thing.
    • Patch in the pedal to your setup however is appropriate; either in series with other pedals as is the standard way, or in its own loop in a loop switcher.
    • Connect the MIDI kit via USB to the pedal. The Kit also needs power; I have made the appropriate converter cable so the kit can be power by a 9V boss-type PSU.
    • Connect a MIDI cable to the MIDI-IN of the kit and the MIDI-OUT of your MIDI controller/switching unit.
    • Program your switching unit to send PC commands on Channel 2 (this channel can be changed; its a pain though). Each PC number corresponds with a patch on the MS50G; so patch 1 is PC1, patch 2 PC2, and so on.
    • Sending a CC command of any number over 127 will activate the tuner.
    I hope that clears things up! Please PM me if you have any more queries, or if this isn't clear.
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 238
    Pm'd
    Click here for my Trading Feedback