Ticket resale website shocker!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
Yeah, it's not a shocker really as we all know what rip off bastards they are, but Viagogo are offering England football tickets (face value £853) for £4310. That in itself is a total rip off that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, however, market forces etc, they have a ticket, they can ask a price I guess ....

but the bit that really gets my goat is the fact that there is a fee of TWENTY FIVE PERCENT(!!!) on top to cover 'handling, administration and delivery'. How is it acceptable to scale those up depending on the overall cost? the function of sticking a ticket in an envelope is the same regardless????

I would love to see all these sites regulated or closed down.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    axisus said:
    Yeah, it's not a shocker really as we all know what rip off bastards they are, but Viagogo are offering England football tickets (face value £853) for £4310. That in itself is a total rip off that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, however, market forces etc, they have a ticket, they can ask a price I guess ....

but the bit that really gets my goat is the fact that there is a fee of TWENTY FIVE PERCENT(!!!) on top to cover 'handling, administration and delivery'. How is it acceptable to scale those up depending on the overall cost? the function of sticking a ticket in an envelope is the same regardless????

I would love to see all these sites regulated or closed down.
    And presumably that doesn’t even include the cost of the flight to get there, let alone how you’d sort a visa out in time? I wonder if anyone is moronic enough to actually buy it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Face value is £853? Are you having a laugh? Is that how much it costs to go to a world cup game or is there something else going on?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom