Small AES67 mixing desks?

SporkySporky Frets: 27965
Morning all - need to find a bit of kit for the day-job. It's a corporate canteen that gets frequent use as a live presentation space.

I have a small audio setup (4 mics, one or two stereo feeds), all going through a Q-Sys DSP, but the customer also wants a physical control surface when they're doing a "live" event in the space - hence the fixed DSP doing most of the work (so that the control surface isn't there when they're not using it).

My thinking is to use a small mixing desk with Dante for this - they have someone who knows how to work a desk. The tricky bit is that the DSP only supports Dante via AES67, and most of the desks I've used before don't support AES67, only "pure" Dante.

Suggestions most welcome - I only need 8 faders, I don't mind having more if there's nothing with 8. It's just level control, possibly a teeny bit of EQ, so I have no need of auxes, busses, onboard effects or anything else fancy.

Also preferably not Behringer because there are supply issues into my bit of the market for Music Group kit.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27965
    Ah! Brain kicked in. If I use a Biamp Tesira Forte DAN instead of the Q-Sys DSP then I'll have proper Dante and can use a normal Dante mixer.

Suggestions for a small
    one of those also welcome.
    And in case anyone else was wondering, the answer is a Yamaha TF1 with an NY64-D Dante card - they added AES67 support in a firmware upgrade last year.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Good to know! The A&H SQ5 would have been my choice for a budget friendly desk now that the Dante card is shipping. 
    Not sure that supports AES67 though?
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3036
    I was just going to say - Yamaha TF1. I have a TF Rack with NY64-D.