SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED :) WTB Tom Anderson Pro Am or Suhr with Floyd

What's Hot
John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
edited July 2018 in Guitars £
Any going?

TA Pro Am
Or something else with a recessed Floyd, big frets six-a side headstock and not too pointy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
    There's a black one going on Reverb. Price is probably a bit optimistic though.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited July 2018
    Saw that one, I'm pretty sure it's one World guitars had on sale, ex-demo for £1995, thinking about putting an offer in what would you think was reasonable?
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170

Guitar Guitar had one, used, identical (if its not that exact one) some months ago for around £1600 IIRC - that guy is a private Gumtree dealer, who from my observations seems to pick things up and add a fairly hefty margin.

Just giving you a heads up...

• vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    Schmo said:

Guitar Guitar had one, used, identical (if its not that exact one) some months ago for around £1600 IIRC - that guy is a private Gumtree dealer, who from my observations seems to pick things up and add a fairly hefty margin.

This was my initial thought having seen this instore and online a Guitar Guitar a while back and i do think that this guy is a private dealer who adds margin. Best to check out any feedback he may have.

also mighy i suggest a Suhr Modern for similar or maybe even less money? (Not the versions with flame maple tops though as they cost more) GG have a suhr modern satin in red with Floyd Rose
    Just been looking at the Suhr modern satin models, some head-scratching to do :)
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Schmo said:

This was my initial thought having seen this instore and online a Guitar Guitar a while back and i do think that this guy is a private dealer who adds margin. Best to check out any feedback he may have.

also mighy i suggest a Suhr Modern for similar or maybe even less money? (Not the versions with flame maple tops though as they cost more) GG have a suhr modern satin in red with Floyd Rose
    Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting he is/is not, a good guy to deal with - I have no clue in that regard !
    He can buy & sell as he sees fit...

• vincechu89vincechu89 Frets: 92
    Schmo said:
    Schmo said:

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting he is/is not, a good guy to deal with - I have no clue in that regard !
    He can buy & sell as he sees fit...

Same - hope I didn't appear to suggest that he was or wasn't - just a comment to make sure the OP does the usual due diligence before buying.

John_A said:
    Just been looking at the Suhr modern satin models, some head-scratching to do :)
    Take your time, there is sooo much choice at around £2k for something with Floyd Rose... Vigier float (lol) around that price range too..

The bumblefoot looks lovely IMO and is £2k new.... (sorry i'd better stop giving you more ideas!)
    Too much choice ;). Have a non-Floyd Vigier, and it's a wonderful guitar.  

Anyone tried a Japanese Schecter?
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    edited July 2018
    Why a pro am and not a droptop? there is a floyd loaded droptop on ebay for £1680 or offers.Hard to justify more than about £1300 for a pro am bearing that in mind.
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
    A recent two bolt is always going to command a decent premium over an old four bolt though.
    woody said:
    Why a pro am and not a droptop? there is a floyd loaded droptop on ebay for £1680 or offers.Hard to justify more than about £1300 for a pro am bearing that in mind.
    Just like the look of them better, not keen on the top on the eBay drop top
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    edited July 2018
    Fair enough..It does show up some of the pro am prices though.You could pick them up for just over a grand sterling a few years back.That doesnt seem to be the case any more.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2593
    Used Tom Andersons seem to have had a bit of a price hike. Bid for a short tele on Ebay a few months back and was very confident of getting it because I’d been looking for a while and decided if necessary I was willing to find an extra 2 or 3 hundred beyond the 1,300 or 1,400 quid or so I expected it to go for based on similar sales. In the end a maximum bid of 1,700 didn’t quite get the guitar (went to someone who bid the same amount earlier). Ended up getting  a short Strat a few weeks later but had to pay similar money for it.  Even Coda had one of these on for iirc 1300 not so very long ago, and that’s dealer prices. 1700 on private sales is a pretty chunky uplift.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    Bump - put an offer in for a TA which was declined, so looking at Suhr's as well now
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Used Tom Andersons seem to have had a bit of a price hike. Bid for a short tele on Ebay a few months back and was very confident of getting it because I’d been looking for a while and decided if necessary I was willing to find an extra 2 or 3 hundred beyond the 1,300 or 1,400 quid or so I expected it to go for based on similar sales. In the end a maximum bid of 1,700 didn’t quite get the guitar (went to someone who bid the same amount earlier). Ended up getting  a short Strat a few weeks later but had to pay similar money for it.  Even Coda had one of these on for iirc 1300 not so very long ago, and that’s dealer prices. 1700 on private sales is a pretty chunky uplift.
    Yes they have. I was looking at a four bolt T-type about 12 years ago and the guy wanted £1050.00 
    Anything else out there that might fit the bill before I drop far too much money on a TA?
    Kebabkid said:
    Thanks - Not keen on Ibanez, there's an RG1550 on here as well for a steal of a price.  That Charvel is nice though, recessed Floyd too which isn't common on Charvel's .  More to think about :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    No worries and don't quote me on the Charvel, but I think it was an Ebony fretboard. Picked it up, played it unplugged and it was nice.
    Kebabkid said:
    No worries and don't quote me on the Charvel, but I think it was an Ebony fretboard. Picked it up, played it unplugged and it was nice.
    Cheers

Still very drawn to this, much to the disgust of my bank balance

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom