Coldplay New Single..What D'You Think?

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5834
I quite Likes it.

Not my fave band, but I like a few of their tracks. Some nice ethereal guitar work in there too.
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I admitted in the what you listening to thread that I quite liked this too.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    edited April 2014
    I like it, but the two I've heard just sound like Bon Iver clones. :) :/
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Heard it once on the radio today and didn't realise who it was until it had finished and was 'back announced'. On first hearing, very strong. I know it's massively uncool to like Coldplay, but ever since I first heard 'Yellow' I've considered them to be the best singles band around. There is a certain 'heart' to the best of their work (The Scientist, Fix You, Yellow, etc) which carries a rare emotional weight.

I'm seriously uncool in many aspects of my life....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I love The Scientist and don't mind the one with Rihanna, but most of the rest don't do anything for me.

Nor this one, sorry. Not actually bad, just a bit empty.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    When I heard that Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltry were splitting up, my first thought was - Christ, does that mean we'll be inflicted with another miserable Coldplay album?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23964
    Music for people who don't like music.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    cant help thinking Battle Studies John Mayer. Probably just me, I like it though.
  • Coldplay - the band for people who don't want to admit that they can't understand Radiohead.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    They're a great band. Not their fault they write songs people enjoy listening too.

New stuff is ok so far, could be tricky I make and tour an whole album of that stuff next to their stadium-type material
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Whenever I hear Coldplay, all I hear is a load of outros..They need to write songs, verses and choruses, and get away from the Big Festival Moments they seem to be aiming for.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    I decided to consciously uncouple myself from this track after 5 seconds. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    To be honest, I love most of Coldplay's music - the structures, arrangements, tones, melodies... they have some really cool stuff. And they put on a great live show too.

The thing that lets it down for me is the lyrics. I like CM's voice and delivery, but the lyrics are always so banal - no meaning, obvious rhymes (to the point where you'll be singing along on the first listen if you want to). They just do nothing for me and prevent the band as a whole from really connecting with me.
    Coldplay - the band for people who don't want to admit that they can't understand Radiohead.
    Muse - the band for people who are happy to admit they can't stand Radiohead.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• What band is it for people who are happy to admit that they can't stand Muse either?

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    What band is it for people who are happy to admit that they can't stand Muse either?
    I think it comes back round to Coldplay again
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    edited April 2014
    What band is it for people who are happy to admit that they can't stand Muse either?
    I think it comes back round to Coldplay again
    It's like some weird game of Paper-Scissors-Stone…

…or does that make it Catatonia?

• JAYJO said:
    cant help thinking Battle Studies John Mayer. Probably just me, I like it though.
    I can hear it.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I once supported an Iowa band who had once been described as "Radiohead for Coldplay fans", so they put it on their merch :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited April 2014
    Coldplay - the band for people who don't want to admit that they can't understand Radiohead.
    No. Radiohead are shit too.

I'm not even going to talk about Muse.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5834
    I guess that's mostly NO then

;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.