Eventide H9 Max question

What's Hot
ash96ash96 Frets: 61
looking to buy one of these and someone’s offered me one that has been maxed out through the eventide website. 

Am am I right in thinking that the ‘maxed Out’ stuff goes with the unit? Or will he have to ‘transfer’ that license to me?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited July 2018

Max'd out goes with the user's account. So either they let you have the password or you effectively are buying a Core/Standard.

If you buy a Max off the shelf the algorithms go with the unit, but if its an upgraded Core, it goes with the user's account.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820

Max'd out goes with the user's account. So either they let you have the password or you effectively are buying a Core/Standard.

If you buy a Max off the shelf the algorithms go with the unit, but if its an upgraded Core, it goes with the user's account.

Yes this. It's most misunderstood part of the H9. If it's a max bought off the shelf it always will be. Don't get duped into buying anything else 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61

See I wondered this, but on their website it says the following:

"

Transferability of Algorithms

Any algorithms that you purchase are assigned to your Eventide.com account and are yours forever. When you MaxOut and H9 or H9 Core, the unit will forever remain an H9 Max. That means that if you sell your H9 Max, all the Max algorithms go along to the new owner. "

In which case that would suggest it's changed and a Max'd unit remains so
    ash96 said:

See I wondered this, but on their website it says the following:

"

Transferability of Algorithms

Any algorithms that you purchase are assigned to your Eventide.com account and are yours forever. When you MaxOut and H9 or H9 Core, the unit will forever remain an H9 Max. That means that if you sell your H9 Max, all the Max algorithms go along to the new owner. "

I'm sure that's not right but I could be wrong. Ask him to de register and see what's on it afterwards?
    from what i've gathered, if you max a unit, it stays maxed out, but you can only do that once.
    and the 'maxed out' algorithms stay on your account, so if you get a new H9, you can use those algorithms on it, however as soon as you log out of it, it will go back to being core / standard
    ash96 said:
    from what i've gathered, if you max a unit, it stays maxed out, but you can only do that once.
    and the 'maxed out' algorithms stay on your account, so if you get a new H9, you can use those algorithms on it, however as soon as you log out of it, it will go back to being core / standard
    Yes that was my belief also 
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Once you max out a unit it stays maxed out regardless of user accounts. 

One thing ill ill say is this. 
    Get a screenshot of the account showing it’s been maxed out before you buy, and make sure the serial number is visible, as eventide WILL want a phot of the serial number before they will move the unit to your own account. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    So it seems by 'maxing out' you will always have access to them via your account. But it also makes the first H9 you do it to a Max which will always continue to be a max.
    ash96 said:
    You can max out a total of 6 units per account. 
    Its a bit daft as it’s a bloody expensive way of doing it. 
    ash96 said:
    Cool, yeah i've seen one for a decent price which has been maxed, just wanna make sure its definitely right!
    ash96 said:
    ash96 said:
    Cool, yeah i've seen one for a decent price which has been maxed, just wanna make sure its definitely right!
    Are you sure you want an H9? 
    I loved mine but in the end I moved it on because it was both overkill and underkill(?) at the same time. 

The individual algorithms were so powerful, I’d never really use them to their potential, and at the same time it was maddening because you could only load one at a time. 

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    ash96 said:
    ash96 said:
    It’s definitely correct. I’ve sold a core I max’d out (on a good deal) and it’s definitely correct. 
    ash96 said:
    ash96 said:
    I loved mine but in the end I moved it on because it was both overkill and underkill(?) at the same time. 

The individual algorithms were so powerful, I’d never really use them to their potential, and at the same time it was maddening because you could only load one at a time. 

Basically I've had all the strymons and just never really used them enough, now I've ended up with just the timeline on my board for delays but I kinda miss having a trem and a chorus on there. So I'm thinking it'll be a bit of a swiss army kinda pedal. It'll do the things my timeline does, but with a few extra add ons.

The main things I used at once were delays / reverbs / chorus, but the 'spaceTime' algorithm seems to cover a lot of that. 
    Sure you need a Max? How many algorithms will you use since buying a Core plus a few extra sounds may be all you need and far cheaper
    Wow I've learnt something today then about maxing out a H9 etc. I bought mine already maxed so it didn't apply to me. Bought a core soon after so I have two maxed out H9s now. Very versatile pedal indeed although I do miss it not having knobs sometimes 
    Sure you need a Max? How many algorithms will you use since buying a Core plus a few extra sounds may be all you need and far cheaper
    In all honesty, no, but the price difference (2nd hand) isnt crazy, and I kinda like to have more than end up buying the core and a few extras and then it being close to similar price.

They tend to hold their value 2nd hand fairly well, and I sold my mobius recently, and if this can replace the timeline then that may go too!
    ash96 said:
    ash96 said:
    ash96 said:

Basically I've had all the strymons and just never really used them enough, now I've ended up with just the timeline on my board for delays but I kinda miss having a trem and a chorus on there. So I'm thinking it'll be a bit of a swiss army kinda pedal. It'll do the things my timeline does, but with a few extra add ons.

The main things I used at once were delays / reverbs / chorus, but the 'spaceTime' algorithm seems to cover a lot of that. 
    I had the SpaceTime algo. 
    It’s nice, but remember you have nowhere near the control of the other dedicated algorithms, for example Chorus has rate and depth, Reverb has level and decay ( I think from memory) so while yes you have 3 great sounding effects, you are very limited as to the tweekability of them.