Cheap compressor reccommendations?

What's Hot
LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1198
Been thinking lately that I could do with a compressor, something cheap, easy to use and fairly transparent. And cheap. Did I mention it needs to cheap?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1186
    Mooer Yellow compressor. It's cheap, fairly transparent, and cheap. And it's nice and small, and quite cheap. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Biyang Compress X. Not necessarily transparent but a very good clone of the industry standard Dyna Comp but with a lot less noise and a very low price tag.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Pick up a Marshall one. They’re brilliant and cheap. Toured one for 6 years before the days of pedalboard builds and it never let me down. Still got it. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ill second the mooer Yellow comp. Bats well above it’s weight. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    Pick up a Marshall one. They’re brilliant and cheap. Toured one for 6 years before the days of pedalboard builds and it never let me down. Still got it. 
    Plus one for Edward the compressor, I asked on here and it was recommended, picked mine up from @grunfeld and use it loads.  Good range of compression available.
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    Thirding Mooer Yellow.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    munckee said:
    Plus one for Edward the compressor, I asked on here and it was recommended, picked mine up from @grunfeld and use it loads.  Good range of compression available.
    Plus 2
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I've got a Mooer Yellow comp you can have for £10.

It had an intermittent fault where it wouldn't pass any signal. Strangely if you pressed down on the 2 small control knobs it would rectify the problem. My solution was to use a cable tie pulled tight around the casing over the 2 small control knobs applying downward pressure. Since I done this I haven't had any further problems.

It may be an easy fix if your handy with stuff like that.

• Thanks for the recommendations, the mooer looks worth a go. Thanks for the offer @kennedydream1980 but I'm guessing it's gonna be smd inside, too fiddly for me to work with!