Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I've just been accepted onto an MSc course. To do Epidemiology, as a distance learning course. Now all I've got to do is find the time and a bucket load of money!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Oohh, get you @clare_bear.... Well have to call you MScMrsBear in the future.......... ;-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    My AI assignment scored 98% for a Self Organising Map that utterly failed to differentiate between types of glass based on 13 inputs!

Luckily I understood why it sucked and so won the module.

Huzzah!
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A Dr Who game Mrs Stoo ordered turned up, so that's good.

It looks ridiculously overcomplicated, so much reading of rulebooks is in order.

Any chance one of the Modls can sticky this thread, so we don't have to hunt for it?
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Goodies I ordered yesterday from Cabling4Less arrived today :)

I expect to get my headphone subsystem together this evening
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Any chance one of the Modls can sticky this thread, so we don't have to hunt for it?
    You can bookmark threads by hitting the little star at the top. Then they're listed in your sidebard under "My Bookmarks" and you get notifications for new posts to them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • You can bookmark threads by hitting the little star at the top. Then they're listed in your sidebard under "My Bookmarks" and you get notifications for new posts to them.
    Fanks. Have some wisdom
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27446
    Any chance one of the Modls can sticky this thread, so we don't have to hunt for it?
    'tis done ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.

Just back from the hospital, and after 7 weeks on a liquids only diet, I'm allowed to eat proper* food again. The docs have a suspicion that all my recent health issue have come about from an ulcer, which is no biggie, just effing painful.

And over the course of my ill health, I've found that some wonderful people really do care about me.

So all-in-all I'm happy.

And I have the rest of the day off work, so extra guitaring for Mike today....

*limited to low fat-low fibre

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Hey Mike ... things looking uP for you? Pleased to hear it ! :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    mike_l said:

Just back from the hospital, and after 7 weeks on a liquids only diet, I'm allowed to eat proper* food again. The docs have a suspicion that all my recent health issue have come about from an ulcer, which is no biggie, just effing painful.

And over the course of my ill health, I've found that some wonderful people really do care about me.

So all-in-all I'm happy.

And I have the rest of the day off work, so extra guitaring for Mike today....

*limited to low fat-low fibre 

That's good news, Mike. :)

@Phil_aka_Pip & @ ddlooping

Thanks guys, it's been a very hard few weeks, but the guys on here/Emp Fabs place and the place of which we shall not speak have been absolutely brilliantly supportive. I can't say "I couldn't have done it without you",  it would have been a fucksight harder to do without the support from here. Thanks guys.

You've all been brilliant.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3584
    Last night we cycled 5 miles to a vegetarian pub and had a healthy meal before cycling back the same 5 miles. 

All that exercise and healthy food made me feel great about stuff. Today it will be home cooked roast lamb with home grown runner beans, new pots, mint, carrots and some supermarket broccoli.

I like the simple things in life more these days.

• dafuzz said:
    My AI assignment scored 98% for a Self Organising Map that utterly failed to differentiate between types of glass based on 13 inputs!

Luckily I understood why it sucked and so won the module.

Huzzah!
    I'll give you a wisdom for that. Knowing why something doesn't work is often very important, and can be worth more than knowing why something else works.
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Great News Mike, keep up the good work.
    For me......... 3 weeks of non smoking and guess what, I feel better!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

@Lexie1, the first month is the hardest, another week, and you'll have broken the back.

I packed up when a consultant gastroenterologist advised me that my Crohn's would stay crappy, and I'd never feel any better whilst I smoked. I only came close to smoking once, when I lost a very close friend, which devastated me for a few weeks. I didn't and think it might have been her watching over me, and guiding me away. Yes, I know that sounds a bit lame, but I believe it.

I found if I avoided lighting up when I'd normally expect to, and didn't go outside at tea/lunch breaks, where the others were smoking helped a lot.......

• Photographed my first wedding on Saturday at Gretna Green and it went really well. Got the second part of it to do back at home in Durham for the people who didn't get to Gretna then a Christening in the book.
    Baby steps at first but who knows where it'll end :)
    I love my baby cos she does good sculptures!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Welcome to  theFB , normskinormski. :)