Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Bucket said:
    Might have sort of just kind of met Guthrie Govan, a bit.

What a nice bloke. This was after a clinic he did in Guildford, which was arranged by Andertons Music and Victory Amps.

Holy fucking Jesus, I have never seen anyone play guitar like that. He is unparalleled.
    Did you blow him?
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26569
    Bucket said:
    What a nice bloke. This was after a clinic he did in Guildford, which was arranged by Andertons Music and Victory Amps.

Holy fucking Jesus, I have never seen anyone play guitar like that. He is unparalleled.
    Weren't Rob and Bea there too? I seem to recall seeing a photo last night of Bea on the desk.

And yeah...he's such a ludicrous player. He's great recorded and in videos, but when he properly lets himself go live it really is something else. Then he comes off-stage and starts talking to everyone and he's such a nice chap too. This is usually the point at which you realise he's simply a better human being than everybody on the planet ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bucket said:

Weren't Rob and Bea there too? I seem to recall seeing a photo last night of Bea on the desk.

And yeah...he's such a ludicrous player. He's great recorded and in videos, but when he properly lets himself go live it really is something else. Then he comes off-stage and starts talking to everyone and he's such a nice chap too. This is usually the point at which you realise he's simply a better human being than everybody on the planet ;)
    Rob and Rabea were there too, yeah. I didn't meet them but I saw them. Bought a copy of Erotic Cakes off Cap'n Lee though (Guthrie then signed the booklet for me). The stuff he does live is just mind-blowing, like you say it does seem like he's letting himself go, and doing some really crazy stuff. Some of those licks were just impossible, I laughed out loud with incredulity a couple of times. I was in the second row too, so I got a great view. 

Even my dad, who isn't a big fan of really insanely fast playing (I'm not going to call it shred out of respect to Guthrie :D) was pretty much floored by it - more than anything else by his command of so many different styles, and just his incredible musical abilities.

And yes, he is simply a better human being than anyone else on the planet. We are not worthy.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Sunshine. Beautiful. No demands on me today. Sat out in the garden, feeling the rays, reading a book or two. Strong breeze, a bit too cool but tolerable. Reminding me of a summer somewhere out west, maybe Dorset, lying on top of an old WWII pill box with my friend. Through the magic of cider we talked about the fleetingness of life. The light today was the same, the breeze too. Where was my friend, where was that place. Enjoy the bloom, while it lasts.  Beautiful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Just back from Hyde Park.

Soulfly, then Motorhead, then Faith No More, then Soundgarden, then Turbowolf, then Black Sabbath.

FUCKING HELL. Never, ever been to a better gig. I can't find the words.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Excellent Bucket, When I saw Sabbath, only Tony Iommi was left from the original line-up.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    @Bucket - crap, completely forgot that was on, I wanted to come and see Soundgarden! :(

Anyway, had my first full week of my new job - I'm working about 4x faster than their expectations, and tbh, I haven't broken a sweat yet. Payroll even got everything right first time around, so I got gas-monies yesterday - off to Denmark St in a bit to drool.

The new flat is fantastic too, being on the 23rd floor is a little strange, but the views up here are brilliant! I'll post some pics once our broadband's installed next week.

Oh, also, I got offered a permanent role yesterday as well with a different team... it's a good offer & opportunity, but I'm going to mull it over for a few days as it would mean going back on my word for my current contract. Still, it's nice to be wanted! :D
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3899
    edited July 2014
    I've just finished replastering my landing ceiling and walls and installed a new door frame and door. Bit of painting now in the next week or so and new carpet and our lass is happy and I can get back to playing guitar.
    Flat sounds great GG!
  • vizviz Frets: 10690
    edited July 2014
    Had a wonderful couple of days at Wireless Festival; next stop - Camp Bestival!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    viz said:
    I hope it is less illegal than it sounds
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Lol
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    I hope it is less illegal than it sounds

You know Viz, legal, illegal it's all the same as long as it's fun :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

And legal.
    viz said:
    And legal.

debateable..... :D

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Turned up to training tonight and at the end I got handed 2 certificates.  I'm now a 7th kyu karateka.  Which is nice.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    Nice 1
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Well done @snakemanStoo.

Are your limbs registered as lethal weapons now?

Please don't hit me, no not in the face!
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Not quite, it's more like I can throw a punch in the right direction 1 time out of 7.

Let's not talk about my kicks...
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Can ya kick it?
    My V key is broken