Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Yay, until I realise I'm working saturday.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    It's Friday evening.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    23 years, therefore 8401 packets of these...

[Silk Cut]
    ... not smoked.
    £76,533.11 at today's prices.
    I like this day as much as my birthday :)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Well done mate-I 'gave up' about a year ago-I don't smoke unless I'm drinking-which I know is a bit of a cheat but I'm happy with that for now.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I gave up smoking a couple of years ago - never felt better.

I can't remember the exact date, but I'm not the sort of person who would celebrate the anniversary.

Never mind all that though - well done Ol! :D
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."

I gave up about 12 years ago.

Mind having a Gastroenterology Consultant saying "If you don't give up smoking you'll never get, or feel better" was the kick up the arse I needed.

He did also say (with a nurse in the room) "The beer and one-night stands can stay".  He was half-right with that one........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• You should have heard our band practice last night. It was THIS BIG :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

For a change I have Chrimbo off......

Last one off was 6 years ago, while recovering from surgery.

• so you'll be at the Beaky then?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

As long as the hangover from the 70's/80's night on the saturday has worn off...

(Yes)

:)>-

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    We stayed in bed until gone noon on Sunday, a rare treat but well deserved. Then I pottered about for an hour or so before going to the Jam for old codgers at the Magpie Inn. Great catch up with friends old and new as well as getting to sing/play about half a dozen old favourites with some class musicians.
    Back home by 4:15pm and managed to do next to bugger all for the rest of the day.

So about this Christmas thing then, should I be bothered?

Yes @ESBlonde come to the Beaccy this sunday.

There'll be a bunch of good guitarists, and me....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Lentils!

I'd forgotten how happy they make me.  This past week I've rediscovered them.  And so amazingly cheap.  As in, you can get two decent meals from about 25p's worth of lentils  11p a meal!!  Gonna cook up a red lentil soup with green lentil floaty bits right now and feeling good :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Who is this clare bear anyways!! Coming here with her happiness, spoiling my misery!

Mrs CB was a MR regular, and is an occasional tFBer. Bit busy with a mini-bear these days.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485

fiddle playing is actually starting to make sense. Struggled for quite a few weeks with the intonation, some days it'd spot on, others all over the place and I was beginning to think I'd made a terrible mistake with the whole fiddle thing. Then a few days ago it kinda clicked, first time my fingers went right to the right spot 1st time and every time. Then just came down from a practice session and mrs f said it was sounding really good.

Still can't play guitar though, any lateral pressure on my finger (which I seem to do on guitar and not on fiddle) is still pretty painful.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Sorted out the new car for MrsTheWeary. I really don't like sorting all this stuff but am paying £1k less than they asked for when we walked into the dealership so I'm pleased at the moment. So, on Saturday the Matiz will be gone replaced by something that looks a lot like this http://cached.imagescaler.hbpl.co.uk/resize/scaleHeight/655/offlinehbpl.hbpl.co.uk/galleries/RCW/Mii2.jpg
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    mrchi said:
    Who is this clare bear anyways!!
    An actual female.

Therefore not present, obviously.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @Lixarto please... Actual females I mean really...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I can play one more thing on piano (keyboard, whatever) than I could half an hour ago, due to the wonders of working stuff out by ear :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."