Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    EricTheWeary;471170" said:
    Sorted out the new car for MrsTheWeary. I really don't like sorting all this stuff but am paying £1k less than they asked for when we walked into the dealership so I'm pleased at the moment. So, on Saturday the Matiz will be gone replaced by something that looks a lot like this

http://cached.imagescaler.hbpl.co.uk/resize/scaleHeight/655/offlinehbpl.hbpl.co.uk/galleries/RCW/Mii2.jpg
    Can't see the link, but anything that replaces a Matiz must be better and therefore good news.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    That's true, although the Matiz ran mostly trouble free for 7 years. Went to pick up the Mii yesterday and the airbag warning light was going off. They couldn't fix it so running a courtesy car until Tuesday. So at the moment the Matiz seems to have been more reliable as we didn't make 100 yards in the Seat!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Commiserations on the new car. You obviously got THE reliable Matiz then. My ex had one from new and had no end of problems with it: clutch, radiator, brakes, etc etc. It turned into a real money pit. Of course once you start sinking money into it you feel obliged to keep the thing. Would've been better and cheaper to have just thrown the thing away after a couple of years.
  • Louis' Fish and Chips just down the road from me. Had some yesterday and bloody nice they were too...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2015
    New song came out of nowhere when I picked up my acoustic, and it's actually good - I think it'll work for a project I've been planning.

It's got a key change in it and everything. I think it's quite a good key change.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4911
    Bucket said:
    New song came out of nowhere when I picked up my acoustic, and it's actually good - I think it'll work for a project I've been planning.

It's got a key change in it and everything. I think it's quite a good key change.
    Well if it has a key change, you must enter it for Eurovision Song for Europe!  

Or is it even better than that?  Standard Eurovision key change is one semitone up - have you been even more daring? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    edited January 2015
    Stop crying, start buying
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    Still can't play guitar due to the sore finger, so thought I'd take the fiddle along to the 1st night of the folk orchestra for this year. Kept it pretty simple, playing basic harmony part just using major scale in the 1st position. Felt pretty good TBH, managed to played in tune and in time (did get lost a few times, but was able to save myself) so for about 8 weeks of playing I feel quite happy with that. Plus none of the bigger kids laughed at my cheap fiddle.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    VimFuego said:
    Kept it pretty simple, playing basic harmony part just using major scale in the 1st position.
    Have you tried fiddling with minors yet?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I had a brief toe dip into it, it felt wrong and awkward but I guess I need to persevere.

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    VimFuego said:
    Plus none of the bigger kids laughed at my cheap fiddle.
    Bet that happens a lot @VimFuego ; :P
    Stop crying, start buying
    you mock, but it happens more than I'd care to admit

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    My Dad's retiring this year, and fair play to him has just booked the whole family (Mam, Dad, me, my girlfriend, 2 brothers and wives and 4 kids) into a villa in Majorca in August, won't take any cash for it the stubborn old git!

It's probably 20 years since our last family holiday and I can't wait to get out there, place looks stunning and a great gesture by him and my Mam. I'm hoping that I'm in a position (and them) financially to return the favour when I'm a proper grown up-10/15 years should be about right!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• lloyd said:
    My Dad's retiring this year, and fair play to him has just booked the whole family (Mam, Dad, me, my girlfriend, 2 brothers and wives and 4 kids) into a villa in Majorca in August, won't take any cash for it the stubborn old git!

Sounds great. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

lloyd said:
    I'm hoping that I'm in a position (and them) financially to return the favour when I'm a proper grown up-10/15 years should be about right!
    Nice thing to do... but don't leave it too long etc.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I'd do it next year but am skint.....My earnings should increase by a fair amount over the next few years so will make sure it gets done-They're only 60, so I reckon I've got a few years grace....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• lloyd said:
    I'd do it next year but am skint.....My earnings should increase by a fair amount over the next few years so will make sure it gets done-They're only 60, so I reckon I've got a few years grace....

Yeah... sounds good.

Parents don't expect stuff back from their kids... and that makes it all the more special when it happens.

• Little red van passed its MoT.

I don't like Poxhalls but at least I haven't had to spend a lot of money, and that's one more thing the bastards can't get me for
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Little red van passed its MoT.

I don't like Poxhalls but at least I haven't had to spend a lot of money, and that's one more thing the bastards can't get me for

To the tune of Little Brown Jug...

Ha ha ha... he he he

Little red van passed its MoT.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Little red van passed its MoT.

Phillip, now is the time to come to realise you simply need to give a Chav £20 and a bottle of petrol (he/she will have a lighter), the keys, walk away, collect on it, and buy a Toyota.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited January 2015

Just opened a pack of Fruit Pastilles, with 6 black ones, and 4 red ones.

And no green ones.......

Fucking result

:D

Edit, it's too late for pics.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom