Jack socket for an Ovation?

I picked up an Ovation Celebrity on the weekend; it's jack socket is missing and there's just a wire poking out of the hole where it goes.

Can someone suggest where I can get a replacement socket from?

I'm thinking it needs to be one which mounts from the outside of the guitar - is that right?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Most Ovations use a standard TRS ('stereo' - the ring is used to turn the battery on) jack mounted from the inside.

Which exact model is it, and/or do you have a pic of the hole?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    OK, thanks - I'll check out the model and get a photo.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Nice. Love my Ballardeer, plays and sounds great. Enjoy that! 
    Righty-oh, here's pictures of the guitar...

That looks like one of the old passive models with no preamp, in which case a standard mono 1/4” jack will do.

A Switchcraft is the best quality, you can get them from Allparts or most other sellers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

OK, ta (I was thinking it is a passive, as there's nowhere for a battery!) - I have some Switchcraft sockets in my parts box.
    Alternatively, fit a proper preamp and then it might sound good :). The passive ones always sound terrible...