SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Smaller than 1 3/4 Nut, 14 Fret, Short Scale, 00 ish Size WANTED

What's Hot
Any one got anything for sale with:
  • Smaller than 1 3/4 inch nut
  • Shorter than or at 25" scale
  • 14 Fret Neck Join
  • 00 ish size
Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    edited July 2018
    My vintage little US Strad parlour fits the bill:
    https://imgur.com/a/eitnbGo
    Not sure what price I’d let it go for but wouldn’t be loads. All solid and extremely well built like a little Martin. Think it’s 1940’s. They made a few lower end parlours and mandolins I believe but never seen another like this. 

Lower bout is 11”
    upper bout 8”
  • Thanks jimmyguitar. Look's cool! Looking for something a little different. It's for my wife, who would attempt to end me if I came back with this... Ha
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • Thanks Anchorboy.

I've a peach of a custom build available which ticks many of your boxes ...

It is close. The neck is a tad wider than 1 3/4", I need it to be narrower. The scale is over over 25", I need it at or preferably shorter. It looks closer to a 000/grand auditorium rather than a 00 ish size. 

P.S if I was looking for those specs I would love to play that guitar. Looks lovely. I'm a big fan of Tasmanian Blackwood, at least the one Tas B back and sides I owned with a Sikta Top. Thanks for bringing to my attention in any case! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 510
    Gareth

What's your budget?.

I have two acoustics that might fit the bill but they are at opposite ends of the price scale.

One is a Michael Bashkin OO and the other a Breedlove Parlour.
  • Hey Castro

I need:
    • Smaller than 1 3/4 inch nut
    • Shorter than or at 25" scale
    • 14 Fret Neck Join
    • 00 ish size
    The Micheal Bashkin looks out of this world but doesn't fit the specs I need. Budget is £2500 ish
  • CONTEXT: My wife has small hand's, strum's her guitar whilst singing and is 5ft 2 1/2 with dimensions all in proportion.  

She has had a 2016 Gibson L-00 but would like something that holds up a bit better with strumming and/or just has a little more sustain in quiet moments. She would like the guitar to look pretty as well but we can sort that aftermarket. We have around £2500 to spend for new or second hand.

All I can think of at the moment is a Taylor 712ce ordered with 1 11/16 nut width. Below is what's required.  I know most likely a 00 will be winning no strumming awards!!

SPECS NEEDED:
    - Smaller than 1 3/4 inch nut. Example, 1  11/16  (42.8mm)  or    1  23/32  (43.8mm)
    - Around a 00 body size (000 is bigger than i'm looking for).
    - 14 Fret Neck Join (not a 12 fret)
    - 25 inch or smaller scale length
  • PatmokPatmok Frets: 0
    Hi Gareth
    i have a Taylor 322c (mahogany/Blackwood)
    its short scale and has 1 11/16 nut, let me know if it would be of interest - more than welcome to stop by and try it 
  • Hi Patmok

I'm in the North East. Thanks for message. I think I heard way back in the day Taylor used to make some guitars with 1 11/16 as standard. Few questions. :-)

1. Where are you based?
    2. What year have you got? 
    3. Did you have to order it directly from Taylor with that nut width? 
    4. Does it join the neck join at the 12th or 14th fret.
    Thanks
  • PatmokPatmok Frets: 0
    Hello
    based in Stevenage. 2017 model. Yes was ordered directly with but width. Joins on 14th