Taylor 214CE Grand Auditorium advice

I have been after a gigging electro acoustic for a while but I’m not really up to date with things in the acoustic world as I have been exclusively playing electric for years.

A friend of mine has a Taylor 214CE Grand Auditorium for sale and a mates rates deal of £500ish might be on the cards. I’m seeing him in a few weeks to try it.

As it’s a Taylor and about £1000 new I presume it will be decent but just wondered if anyone had any feedback or experience with this guitar?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    Not the CE, but I gigged a regular 214 with a Baggs M1A and it was the perfect little thing - would happily get another if I wanted a mid-range gigging acoustic.

Hopefully someone else can advise re the electronics.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    My musical collaborator has a Taylor. The Expression 2 transducer system is simplicity itself to use. Just make certain that the Taylor sound is to your taste.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I gigged a 314ce for years.   Lovely guitar - easy to play and always sounded good, quickly through a PA.  
    I do remember when I bought that  inch preffered the acoustic sound of the solid woods in the 3 series over 2series laminate models but I suspect that won’t be an issue if you’re plugging.  

At that budget you could pick up a faith that would be good but if you like the way it plays then go for it. 

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    I think Taylors are pretty consistent across the whole range, and I've owned several.

In fact, I've just bought a Taylor 12E (£600) on behalf of a mate, and its sounds lovely.