Case for a Squier Jazzmaster Deluxe

What's Hot
SlowdiveSlowdive Frets: 4
Hey all. Just bought this guitar. Really awesome. Totally in love. My first fender style guitar in years. So, can anyone recommend me a nice hardcase for it, say around 50£? The purpose of the case is just to store the guitar at home. It has to at least survive one journey by plane. Hopefully I will be able to have it in the cabin, as I plan to buy another seat for it when that comes... Saw this one at Gear4music https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Electric-Bass-Guitar-Case-by-Gear4music/800?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=PLA+Shop+-+G4M&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=G4M.+Guitar+Cases&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=10368d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=85003491439&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqcTJ7Niu3AIVqp3tCh3LKQyVEAQYASABEgKYmfD_BwE#full-des It is a bass hardcase, but I did some measurements and it seems it will fit. Any ideas, advice
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So, narrowed it now to two cases: one SKB or Fender's own Deluxe Moulded. Links: https://www.thomann.de/gb/skb_62_jagjazz.htm https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Fender-Deluxe-Moulded-Jaguar-Jazzmaster-Case/1XEV The Fender is some extra 20£ or so. You guys think it's worth it over the SKB? Taking it on a flight to Spain (hold). What do you guys think? Cheers
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Personally I wouldn't put a guitar in the hold unless it was in a full flight case , you've seen how baggage handlers throw suitcases right ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, I'm going to try and board it at the gate.
  • I've used SKB cases for years with my offsets. 
    They're great. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Yeah, people say favorable things about SKB. Just wondering how the Fender stacks up to that one for an extra 20£...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    I'm pretty sure the Fender one is made by SKB, so you're just paying for the name.

You're unlikely to be able to take it into the cabin without booking a seat - it will be far too large to go in the overhead bins. But with a Jazzmaster, I would risk it in the hold in that - Fender guitars are strong. You're actually more likely to have the case damaged than the guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Hiscox makes a case specially shaped inside to form fit Jaguar/Jazzmaster guitars. 

Sorry to be a party pooper but none of the cases mentioned so far is likely to be found for £50. 

ICBM said:
    You're unlikely to be able to take it into the cabin without booking a seat
    Travel by Ryan Air. Find out how much they try to charge the guitar for in-flight refreshments. :-p
    Be seeing you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hiscox makes a case specially shaped inside to form fit Jaguar/Jazzmaster guitars. 

Sorry to be a party pooper but none of the cases mentioned so far is likely to be found for £50. 

ICBM said:
    You're unlikely to be able to take it into the cabin without booking a seat
    Travel by Ryan Air. Find out how much they try to charge the guitar for in-flight refreshments. :-p
    The hiscox case is for the jaguar only.
    The headstock on the jazzmaster clears the recess at the top of the case.

The skb case is fitted to the shape of the guitar. I don't believe the fenders are as they go for a vintage vibe.

I use my skb case over my fender CS case. It's more secure and weighs a lot less
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.