A small package.

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
in Making & Modding tFB Trader

The postman delivered a small box today (actually, last week), I thought I would share the unpacking with you.

The box.

Inside the first box, a little crate, with a little crowbar.

Inside the second box.

The contents.

The final unwrapping.

A pair of P90's from Hot Rod Guitar pickup's.

This is what they are going in a Korina "V", and no the covers don't want to be cream as all the hardware is going to be black.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Recyclable, too  ;)  

Very slick.  I suspect they will sound as good as they look, too

Nice build, by the way...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Recycling still uses a lot of energy, not to mention the resources used to make it and deliver the item to begin with. Recycling is — environmentally — still much worse than not making a thing in the first place. 

Still, that wooden box actually looks really handy, so you won’t need to recycle it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26966
    As much as that box looks lovely, I'm getting a bit annoyed with this sort of over-packaging. Heistercamp are bad too. It's *lovely* packaging, but adds unnecessary costs and energy right through the supply chain. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the full build of the guitar these are going in..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Jackss565Jackss565 Frets: 8
    Totally agree with the posts above. The packaging does look cool, but other than that it’s just a massive waste of resources. Although it is in theory recycleable the chance are it won’t be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
    edited July 2018 tFB Trader
    As much as that box looks lovely, I'm getting a bit annoyed with this sort of over-packaging. Heistercamp are bad too. It's *lovely* packaging, but adds unnecessary costs and energy right through the supply chain. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the full build of the guitar these are going in..!
    Unfortunately I doubt you'll see this guitar being built to finish, as it's going off to the customer as is.

I think the packaging is really cool, very different. I wonder what is better environmentally, using Pine in its natural form to make a box or, to have the same Pine processed into card board to make a similar box. Both can be recycled but is more likely that the wooden box would be reused for some other purpose, and not recycled, where as a small cardboard box would almost certainly be put into a dustbin and not recycled. Whether the packaging is wood or cardboard that's much better than plastic.

My workshop is pretty good at recycling, any of the off cuts from the wood I use. The larger pieces go off to a friend of mine who's a wood turner, so they end up as wooden bowls, egg cups and bodies for fountain pens.

The small off cuts go to another friend who uses them in his wood burner, although I see now we're being told that wood burners are not good for the environment. I wish scientists would make up their minds.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom