Drive pedal with independent EQ

What's Hot
ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
Apart from the Hampstead Odyssey, are there any other drive pedals that have the option of disengaging the drive. Basically just giving you EQ, so you end up with two pedals in one. 

Just missed out on an Odyssey which would have been perfect. Don't want to send more than approx £130 new or used.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    EQ pedal plus any drive of your choice seems like too obvious a solution? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    You could try one of the dual drive pedals with the gain turned down.     Or maybe one of the Mesa five pedals that can have the graphic eq switched on one of both channels. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    EQ pedal plus any drive of your choice seems like too obvious a solution? 
    It would be, but I want them in one pedal.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72315
    edited July 2018
    Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz/Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz.

£100-£120 used or £24 new respectively. They sound identical, I have both.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited July 2018
    I'd get the new team medic from ThorpeFX. Great. Use it with your favourite drive edal 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Nobels ODR-S
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Fulltone GT500 has a drive side, and a boost/light overdrive side that has bass and treble controls.  If you set the boost for unity with the gain low, it would give you some control over the eq.  I do have one for sale in the classifieds.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    If this is an always on eq ie not in a switched loop solution then try a mini eq ie the typical mooer format size ?  Then overdrive flavour ican be swapped out as tastes change .. pre or posr catered for etc .. maybe hook up with a mini od if footprint is an issue ? 
    i use a source audio eq with midi in a programsble looper - eq changing as each drive selected and boost applied as required ..