Slab board white guard tele finised

What's Hot
DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
in Making & Modding tFB Trader
      This is just finished, just ageing left to do but pleased with how it looks and plays
Hand made pre cbs spec sb neck, only deviation is a 12inch radius as requested 
www.danielsguitars.co.uk
(formerly customkits)
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Very subtle.

The trainspotter in me balks slightly at the anachronisms - brass rod saddles, five screw 'guard and flat slot pickup height adjustment screws on what is, ostensibly, a late Fifties or early Sixties style electric guitar. Of course, this is entirely my problem. The customer is always right.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    Very subtle.

The trainspotter in me balks slightly at the anachronisms - brass rod saddles, five screw 'guard and flat slot pickup height adjustment screws on what is, ostensibly, a late Fifties or early Sixties style electric guitar. Of course, this is entirely my problem. The customer is always right.
    Exactly i got sent the all the parts for it and I'm still happy with it,  you'll probably not like the 12inch radius either but it does play very well with a low action, I'll see if i can get my blackguard right lol
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    I like it, looks great.

I only care about authentic features when repairing an old guitar.  Nowhere does this claim to be a replica.  The only vintage features mentioned are the Pre-CBS style neck with 12” radius.  not sure any “anachronisms” are relevant at that point. They are just spec choices... quite popular ones. 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Looks the f£&king nuts if you ask me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    If i wanted to do a replica i would have, this is a customers spec neck, very much vintage gibson really, poopot has one similar

I absolutely love the look of it regardless of it it had an 8 hole or 5 hole pickguard  

The reason why it's got a pre cbs construction neck is because that's what i like, i can't go and buy one in the uk or Europe to my knowledge, also it'll look right for others I've got planned 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

Looks great.

What’s the body finish and is it ash?

Looking for Ideas colour wise for my early 60’s alder body Tele.
  • Hot. 
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    Great job, looks lovely.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

I absolutely love the look of it regardless of it it had an 8 hole or 5 hole pickguard  

Very nice. I've been looking for a decent quality white single ply 5 hole pickguard - where did you get that one? Would you recommend it?

tFB Trader
    Gagaryn said:

Very nice. I've been looking for a decent quality white single ply 5 hole pickguard - where did you get that one? Would you recommend it?

That one is an art of ageing, i like it but the truss rod adjuster bodge is off centre, if you can get an unaged one then I'd buy that, it was from crazy parts 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader

Looks great.

What’s the body finish and is it ash?

Looking for Ideas colour wise for my early 60’s alder body Tele.
    It's just an ash blonde finish, nice light weight swamp ash from guitar build 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Gagaryn said:

That one is an art of ageing, i like it but the truss rod adjuster bodge is off centre, if you can get an unaged one then I'd buy that, it was from crazy parts 
    Cheers, It does look good - I had a single ply white guard a while back but it was vinyl and warped. I currently have a black guard and often think a good white would look better - guitar is sherwood green. Think I'll give one of those a go.
    tFB Trader
    Gagaryn said:

I currently have a black guard and often think a good white would look better - guitar is sherwood green. Think I'll give one of those a go.
    That's exactly what I've been asked to make, sherwood green whiteguard tele with sb neck after seeing that one
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Very nice Darren, looks great.
    tFB Trader
    Corvus said:
    Very nice Darren, looks great.
    Thanks Bill, it's funny because i wasn't bothered about whiteguards but this really changed my mind 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)