Right to Left Handed Saddle conversion,

What's Hot
RavenRaven Frets: 1
I am hoping to be able to produce a Right to Left Handed Saddle converter similar to the Saddleboy, which was discontinued,
and wanted some feedback on interest in such a product. Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited August 2018
    Yes please, Raven. I've decided to restring my classical R/H to L/H since the Avian Songbird fan-fret arrived.

Hope they haven't got the patent tied down too tight to prevent others from continuing such a purposeful product. I'd rather be able to DIY than hand over again to guitar tech.
  • RavenRaven Frets: 1
    Hi Barry. I had a look at some pictures of the Songbird, and I don't think the Saddleboy conversion would work on it,
    Because of the way the Bridge is angled there would be a huge sweep to angle the saddle for left handed use,
    So I don't think it could be fitted to the existing bridge.
  • barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited August 2018
    No worries, Raven. Having got the lovely Songbird, it's a standard, Spanish made nylon-strung classical I'm thinking to change over for therapy. 

I gather this is a fair bit easier?
  • RavenRaven Frets: 1
    I have an Almeria Nylon Strung and the Bridge and Saddle just run straight across the body, if yours is the same you can just buy a saddle blank and nut, and file the notches for left handed stringing,
    Hope this is useful.
    Regards
    Raven
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom