Is the harley benton british the same as joyo british pedal ,components etc

mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
As title
been looking at joyo british pedal and stumbled on harley benton same pedal paintwork but with harley benton label 
Am i right in thinking that these are the same pedal and components out of the same factory ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Yes. I've seen HP42 on YT (who works with Thomann) say as much.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    cheers ...hp42 ??
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    mark123 said:
    cheers ...hp42 ??

Hyperactive German guy.

• valevale Frets: 1052
    edited July 2018
    there are (occasionally) some very minor variation between even those units branded joyo.
    sometimes they seem to pitch components slightly above or below what the official factory schematic for the pedal they are cloning states. they redo the pcbs from time to time and tweak and refine.

this might be accidental (a decimal point lost in translation) or intentional (they feel, sometimes rightly, the circuit performs better with a marginally higher/lower rated part). but, hair-splitting aside, they are the same pedal probably made in the same factory.

i got the joyo rather than generic because it's metallic pink and i'm into pink. but if you like blue and amoon, donner, etc are doing it in blue, it's hugely likely the same pedal inside.

it's a great pedal (tech21 'flavour british' clone, as you prob know). gives a robust nice-n-gritty chug, but isn't too dark or turgid. and if you dial it in right you can make all the warmest harmonics really pop and smoulder as you play up the neck. crazy cheap for the quality.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    vale said
    there are (occasionally) some very minor variation between even those units branded joyo.
    sometimes they seem to pitch components slightly above or below what the official factory schematic for the pedal they are cloning states. they redo the pcbs from time to time and tweak and refine.

this might be accidental (a decimal point lost in translation) or intentional (they feel, sometimes rightly, the circuit performs better with a marginally higher/lower rated part). but, hair-splitting aside, they are the same pedal probably made in the same factory.

i got the joyo rather than generic because it's metallic pink and i'm into pink. but if you like blue and amoon, donner, etc are doing it in blue, it's hugely likely the same pedal inside.

it's a great pedal (tech21 'flavour british' clone, as you prob know). gives a robust nice-n-gritty chug, but isn't too dark or turgid. and if you dial it in right you can make all the warmest harmonics really pop and smoulder as you play up the neck. crazy cheap for the quality.
    so roughly speaking me buying the cheaper harley benton i should be getting a joyo box with components with a harley benton label ?