beyer sm 250 wireless microphone - help needed as base unit fried and singer binned it (twat)

What's Hot
nickpnickp Frets: 183
hi
our singer who is an active chap fried the wireless unit for his beyer sm 250 mike.  He needs a new base unit (or buying a whole setup!!) - the frequency is not clear on the base of the mike

help - does anyone know what I should do next - can I lok somewhere in the mike to check the frequency; or can i get a base unit to work with it etc etc

I have no fookin idea as I can't sing and I play guitar - our singer is brilliant and a great "performer" but bugger me he is high maintenance

cheers guys

Nick
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3126
    edited April 2014
    Get hold of another base unit and do a sweep for the frequency ... it would appear from this its a vhf model so probably around the 175 mark on the up side any base which works on the frequency the mic's on should work there should be the frequency marked on the base of the mic or in the battery compartment
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    @maltingsaudio - will it work with any vhf base unit then?

and thanks!
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    edited April 2014
    @maltingsaudio - brilliant - why didn't i read your post properly

frequency is in the battery compartment!  have a wisdom.  it is 175.  do you have a recommendation on base units - will look on thomann

genius
  • Should do but check if it has a thing called a "pilot tone" very unlikely but if it does turn that off. Thats a system which basically  identifies the make of a mic over a wireless system and stops them working with another manufacturers kit. With turned off should work with all makes.   
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9710
    nickp said:
    our singer who is an active chap fried the wireless unit 
    Was this what fried it?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic