Current favourite pedal builders/companies?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    For me, as I've rarely owned the pedals (though I've got some), but built clones of the effects I have a group of builders I really appreciate.

Earthquaker Devices, Mid-Fi, Subdecay - I put these guys out on the experimental edges. They seem to go out of their way to build new and genuinely different effects in surprising ways. Some are utterly insane (thinking Clari(not) and Rainbow Machine), but brilliant all the same.

Neunaber - When it comes to digital effects, I love this guy. He continually revamps the algorithms he uses and creates new ones. All of which you can load onto your pedal for free. Very cool attitude.

Catalinbread & PaulC - More good guys who do their own thing. Great effects at prices that don't take the piss.

DAM & Skreddy - Kings of old fuzzes. Their takes on some old effects are just on the button. More to the point they're totally transparent about it. IE you know you're getting an old muff/tonebender from them done right. It's not the next new thing that you then find out is a muff or tonebender further down the line.

They're a few of what I consider to be the good guys off the top of my head.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    It's good to see a lot of variety and some new names I hadn't come across before that I will check out.

Just adding to the list so far I also like the Caroline Guitar Company's take on the way they approach their builds. Always something slightly different yet very useable.

I have quite a few EQD pedals and would agree with all the comments here about them, well worth spending some time with their stuff.
    Resonant Electronic - Field Effects is another great company that I have a lot time for and Walrus Audio seem to hit the spot with a few of their builds I've tried and owned.

My recent pedal purchase from Retro Mechanical Labs is also pretty special and a real work of art. Shame I would never be able to afford any of the rest of their line!

Keep the names/companies coming! Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Catalinbread. Creative, excellent, good attitude. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431

I second @Hymnal on the DAM, Castledine, Skinpimp but I have not played a Pigdog yet...I am sure they rock.

I have to add EHX, Black Arts Toneworks and Analogman

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I could easily make a top notch pedal board out of Mad Professor pedals alone, every one I've tried has sounded glorious.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Rainger FX - only tried one of their models, the Son Of Freakenstein which is my main fuzz, but I love the wacky designs David comes up with, and the utterly amazing sounds they produce which you can't really find elsewhere.

Judging from the Pro Guitar Shop demos I've watched, I rather like Catalinbread, Mr Black and Death By Audio as well.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 67
    For me, over the past couple of years its been the same story - i try a few different pedals for the type of effect i'm interested in, then i end up buying and keeping the Fulltone version - so i guess i've found my brand.

Along the way i've had a number of EQD pedals and would recommend them (except the boost) to anyone.  DAM pedals are also worth the hype and the price (IMHO) with the same going for the T-Rex pedals i've tried.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 910
    Wampler.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Effectrode

Built to military spec, they have a depth and warmth of sound you don't get in other pedals.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    Diamond. Great delay pedals, the compressor is the best I've used, and the modulation pedals are great too. Very good at providing info at HCFX too when HCFX had people posting there... 

Always have good things to say about Paul C and Marc@Skreddy. 

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    T-Rex are my latest squeezes. I've got a Duck Tail delay and a Twin Boost and they're both quality.