The Filthy Tongues

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
Someone reminded me about the old scottish band 'Goodbye Mr Mackenzie' who I remembered liking back in the day.

The Filthy tongues were most of the members of that.  Got a couple of albums out and I think they're great!  Just been listening them today.

Anyone else?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    Hmmm....

My band supported them once a few years ago. I don't remember much about the music, but they behaved like wannabe rock stars - presumably for being famous for fifteen minutes thirty years ago, and for being Shirley Manson's first band. Not impressed.

I also once stage-tech'ed for Big John Duncan at a rather strange gig, and he wasn't like that at all. Larger than life, but a really nice guy.

I do like Goodbye Mr. Mackenzie and Angelfish (which some of them were in along with Shirley Manson) though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    edited July 2018
    ICBM said:
    Hmmm....

My band supported them once a few years ago. I don't remember much about the music, but they behaved like wannabe rock stars - presumably for being famous for fifteen minutes thirty years ago, and for being Shirley Manson's first band. Not impressed.

I also once stage-tech'ed for Big John Duncan at a rather strange gig, and he wasn't like that at all. Larger than life, but a really nice guy.

I do like Goodbye Mr. Mackenzie and Angelfish (which some of them were in along with Shirley Manson) though.
    to be fair the 3 of them were all in Goodby mr mackenzie and angelfish, and they have been doing this for an awful long time, so whilst they're not mega big, they have a decent pedigree.   But I do hear you, always a bit annoying when you play with bands and they're up their own arses.

I'd still recommend giving the albums a listen, (Jacob's ladder in particular)  as its mighty fine music.  Somewhere inbetween Nick Cave, Alabama 3, and even a bit of pixies in there.  Plus the boy metcalfe is a mighty fine guitar player imho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom