Caline Snakebite

WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
Anyone tried a Caline SnakeBite. What's the score?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    edited August 2018
    The demos look good, especially if you like ambient music. Doesn’t seem to do the generic spring reverb thing very well. Cheap though. 

Caline stuff is decent enough and seems well made, I’ve got a Pure Sky drive pedal which has been faultless. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited August 2018
    yep had mine 3 years now and got it at an incredible £27 price so expected nothing from it.

Takes a while to learn the subtly of some of the settings combinations, but for nice Room, Hall and Spring-esque Reverbs with some usable (non deep) cavern-styles into the mix you can't go wrong.

Does an excellent Shadows tone.

No floor noise.

Caline=Doner by the way.

I got the Mosky Spring Reverb for proper Fender 63 Reverbery.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    they are very much a particular thing, so how useful it will be to you depnds on what you want to do with it. it's not really a general purpose swiss army knife verb like the line 6 verbzilla (behringer do a cheaper clone) etc.
    if you want fender amp verb then biyang do a more 'ampy' verb.
    and malekko chicken for 1950s slapback and surf.
    verbs are horses for courses. what is your course?

the particular functionality this one has (had mine since they came out) means it's great if you want experiment with extending and shrinking the fine parameters of a certain relatively fixed flavour of reverb. like room size, room texture, attacks hard or soft, repeats.
    it was an educational tool for me in a way, as i wanted to try that stuff in a very hands on way after reading about martin hannett and the ams he used in the joy division factory era.

it's very clean, which for dirty guitars may not suit your needs if you are looking for vintage analog delay tones. behringer do a good enough clone of the eh memory man that's best for that. but for vocals, drums, clean guitar, etc, it gives airless di or digital signal some tweakable 'air'.

so i would say it's good for the price if it's what you need. but not a general do-all verb.

and if you want it as a postproduction effect and are using daw, you can probably get the same using daw.
    but i'm just a very old school hands on type. i hate computers in music making, so would rather settle for less options, but have it all in my hands in a little 'real life' box, and forget about mice and menus.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    vale said:
    they are very much a particular thing, so how useful it will be to you depnds on what you want to do with it. it's not really a general purpose swiss army knife verb like the line 6 verbzilla (behringer do a cheaper clone) etc.

the particular functionality this one has (had mine since they came out) means it's great if you want experiment with extending and shrinking the fine parameters of a certain relatively fixed flavour of reverb. like room size, room texture, attacks hard or soft, repeats.
    it was an educational tool for me in a way, as i wanted to try that stuff in a very hands on way after reading about martin hannett and the ams he used in the joy division factory era.

it's very clean, which for dirty guitars may not suit your needs if you are looking for vintage analog delay tones. behringer do a good enough clone of the eh memory man that's best for that. but for vocals, drums, clean guitar, etc, it gives airless di or digital signal some tweakable 'air'.

so i would say it's good for the price if it's what you need. but not a general do-all verb.

and if you want it as a postproduction effect and are using daw, you can probably get the same using daw.
    but i'm just a very old school hands on type. i hate computers in music making, so would rather settle for less options, but have it all in my hands in a little 'real life' box, and forget about mice and menus.
    I really only want something clean to add a bit of depth to my sound. The reviews I have seen are impressive so I was thinking of trying one.

I agree with your luddite views on recording. I went away from analogue to digital standalone to DAW (Reaper/Cubase) and now am back with a little ZOOM R8. I can do without any more complication in my musical life tbh. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 949
    Wolfetone said:
    vale said:

I really only want something clean to add a bit of depth to my sound. The reviews I have seen are impressive so I was thinking of trying one.

I agree with your luddite views on recording. I went away from analogue to digital standalone to DAW (Reaper/Cubase) and now am back with a little ZOOM R8. I can do without any more complication in my musical life tbh. 
    I have the R8 and often struggle to remember how to use it
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited August 2018
    Wolfetone said:
    vale said:
    they are very much a particular thing, so how useful it will be to you depnds on what you want to do with it. (etc...)

the best all rounder for under a ton is the line 6 verbzilla, in my opinion. they are on ebay and forums for £65ish and the behringer plastic copy (reverb machine) are £35ish.
    both no longer made but enough made of them both so common used. i have a feeling the behringer clone might be made again soon. they tend to redo a batch every few years of those basic little plastic ones.

but the caline is cheap enough that you could buy it new and try it for a few months, and if you don't like it sell it on again for only a couple of pounds less than you paid. and if you love it, job done.

i'm going to try daw again this winter. i keep dabbling and thinking this is overkill for what i need. i get menu paralysis with computers, my brain just goes blank trying to find things.

but stompboxes are easy. one big button for on and off, and just twiddle the knob clockwise or anticlockwise for more or less. it;s a pretty good system, so i stick with it. i'm a lazy bitch,
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...