Well done Katy Perry

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28336
KP went to see a sick fan who couldn't make her concert - not only that but also took her two guitarists and played three songs for her. Cynics may say it's just publicity but I think it was a lovely gesture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45028442
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Sure it probably was a PR stunt, but i imagine the fan wasn't bothered, and either way it was a nice gesture.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    PR stunt or not, she doesn't really need the good PR, she does just fine without these things...so fair play to her. 

Also, Katy Perry; rawr! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    If it made the fans day then that's all that matters. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I'd like to think that she did it because she genuinely gives a crap about her fans....

so..... good on her... awesome thing to do
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    You guys - been watching Katy Perry videos on Youtube since I saw this and now I need a new keyboard...

I mean, holy shit...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Totally wasted on Russell Brand lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    I'm just going to leave this here:

Before I go and tug myself senseless

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Gulliver said:
    I'm just going to leave this here:

Before I go and tug myself senseless

Solid plan my friend.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    Well, that didn't take long to go from observation of human decency to casual perving ... honestly, your New Man membership cards are overdue for renewal ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    Well, that didn't take long to go from observation of human decency to casual perving ... honestly, your New Man membership cards are overdue for renewal ;)
    I'll be honest, my application was rejected.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    joneve said:
    PR stunt or not, she doesn't really need the good PR, she does just fine without these things...so fair play to her. 

Also, Katy Perry; rawr! 
    I was thinking about this.. the thing about most "pop stars" is that they have their 15 minute bubble and then it pops and due to the fickle nature of chart followers the once superstar is back to being a nobody.. 

Sure Katy has probably beaten the 15 minute bubble, but i wonder if that is due to a good PR team keeping her relevant.
     We're all now talking about her, and i think @darthed1981 has just given all of her videos a few thousand views ;) bumping her up the ole' rankings again.. so even in this small way, PR stunt has been a success. 
    Really don't know anything about her so i can't comment if she actually cares about fans or not, and to be fair to her, the songs are not the normal pop drivel that is on the radio for a week and then never heard again.

#thursdaythoughts. 

and yeah.. KP.. rawr!
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
    Totally wasted on Russell Brand lol

Indeed - how the hell did that happen !
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Clarky said:
    I'd like to think that she did it because she genuinely gives a crap about her fans....

Well said. I got married in Vegas in 2009 and "Waking Up in Vegas" was a big hit that summer. I've always liked it :-)

I had a look at the Wikipedia entry for the song and it says "It was officially released to US radio stations on April 21, 2009." I like it even more now. That was my wedding day ...
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    pigface said:
    Clarky said:

Well said. I got married in Vegas in 2009 and "Waking Up in Vegas" was a big hit that summer. I've always liked it :-)

I had a look at the Wikipedia entry for the song and it says "It was officially released to US radio stations on April 21, 2009." I like it even more now. That was my wedding day ...
    that's very cool...

I think it's important that bands / artists have a strong and warm relationship with their fan base
    I've always made a big thing about it and will always spend time after gigs meeting and greeting
    even in the little tiny piece of the music world that I occupy, it really matters to me

seeing people far higher up the food chain than us lot really caring about this sort of thing is awesome
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

pigface said:
    Clarky said:

Yeah that one is GREAT...

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    That question about whether it's a publicity stunt when someone famous does something nice for someone - I couldn't help thinking this when I saw the Rock-gives-truck-to-stunt-double video - it was all set up to be on camera which somehow detracts from the whole thing.  But regardless, it is nice and heartwarming to watch

Clarky said:

I've always made a big thing about it and will always spend time after gigs meeting and greeting
    even in the little tiny piece of the music world that I occupy, it really matters to me
    Good for you. I'm not usually keen to approach musicians even if they appear friendly :-) but I met Al di Meola after a gig once and he was great.
    Isn't it? The chorus especially.
    In all seriousness, Miss Perry has done some catchy pop songs.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    In all seriousness, Miss Perry is another female I'd bone till the end fell off my old chap
    FTFY
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom