Fender Custom Shop SRV Stevie Ray Vaughan #1 John Cruz Masterbuilt Strat - 65K

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Is this a hoax?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Trouble is none of us are Stevie Ray Vaughan so a pointless exercise.I know a Japanese rich guy racng driver who owns one of Senna's Lotus .He has Sennas helmet design too  but he sure aint Senna.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    gringopig said:
    £36,000 !!! Holy crap that is crazy. You could buy a pristine 1957 Stratocaster for that. The one ATB had that made me gag with shock was less.
    Even if you were a mad keen Stevie Ray Vaughan fan, you are basically throwing money away.
    take a look at the top of the page - same model offered for 65K elsewhere - I was showing this link to hi-light the differential in price, in the opinion of what someone else thinks such guitar is to be offered for sale at 
  • I agree that this price is silly... but i also think that it’s sad that there isn’t a cheaper non limited edition, reliced version of the SRV strat for people to enjoy and celebrate SRV. I also think, commerically, over the years a guitar like this priced at a sensible premium over the Artist series SRV model would have given fender more revenue than these limited editions.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    This is just stupid its not his guitar. Its just a strat thats been fecked with and now looks really ugly :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    A quality lesson in how to separate an Idiot from his money!
  • Is this for reals?  It doesn't look anything like it.....

Also, if "JC" made 100 of them, they can't take him very long to do!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    Anyone can just throw a price on an ad. With other for sale at significantly less it just shows how out of touch GAK are. Back in the day I had an available one in my hands. I thought long and hard about the £8k, and then passed. I loved SRV but couldn't bring myself to do it. I went and bought a real 60's Strat instead for similar money. 
    I see John Cruz is currently 'making' the next batch of earlier spec No.1s he's put pics oh his social media pages. He doesn't paint them still and the new ones don't look any better than these. Maybe if they'd have let Dale WIlson do them individually then the might have looked a little more realistic, instead of reminding me of the Rory G Strat. Shame.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmDKmRkAr8H/?taken-by=johncruz_fendercustomshop

The length of wait for your Strat Mark is partly due to the fact that Fender these days have JC touring the globe doing promo work. That and the fact Jay Nelson is the only guy painting these guitars there for the Masterbuilders, he must be an awfully busy chap.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    Is this for reals?  It doesn't look anything like it.....

Also, if "JC" made 100 of them, they can't take him very long to do!
    He didn't is the answer. 2004 was also the year he supposedly 'made' just over 200 50th 1954 Strats too.....busy boy! Lol. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    What a load of rubbish! As pointed out, it looks pathetic compared to the real thing. On a scale of 1-10 for relicing that is a 1 at best. As a designer I'd at least get the bloody typography right.

Personally I don't buy into the 'masterbuild' thing in the least. What is it - basically someone bolting 2 bits of wood together and adding a few components into pre-cut places. You could probably train a couple of monkeys to do it if you gave them a banana.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10362
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Other than the relic’ing and the letters ‘SRV’, what makes it better than any other Masterbuilt Strat?
    the idea of such a 'clone' is that they had the original guitar in front of them - stripped it down and reproduced every detailed, to the nth degree, as per how it was at this point in time
    That’s quite possibly the worst relic finish I’ve ever seen! Looks like one of those bodged squiers you see on ebay.

I think when they try to copy the actual wear patterns on a particular guitar - as opposed to just generally beating up a sunburst body and rosewood/maple neck - it always looks fake.  It must be very difficult to batter something... but do it carefully.

The Rory Strats are the same, the bits of remaining paint look like pre-shaped transfers which have been rubbed into place. 

Just this!

On the real 'number 1' the remaining burst is faded to hell and the bare wood above the middle pickup has lots of playing dirt in it. I have seen several 'fan built' replicas that look much more authentic. 
    This is a pretty pathetic attempt and if it was an un branded partscaster on e bay would be rightly ridiculed.
    Personally I have never seen the point of 'artist's relics' it's not 'his guitar' and yet by association with the artist it will never be 'your guitar'. Rather a sad exercise really 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
    I could deal with an artist signature guitar with a little squiggle on the headstock, but I’d feel a bit of a wally playing a gig with a massive ‘SRV’ on the scratchplate.

Then I suppose at these prices (or even at £8k), they’re not getting played by anyone. They’re getting stuck in a glass box to preserve the artificial relicing. The mind boggles. 
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Utter, utter madness
  • cbakaycbakay Frets: 67
    agreed, it’s makes me wonder though, the wear patterns are correct-ish but just missing the heavy fade of the burst and darkening/dirt on the ‘worn’ bits...surely that wouldn’t be tough for them to do?!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    cbakay said:
    agreed, it’s makes me wonder though, the wear patterns are correct-ish but just missing the heavy fade of the burst and darkening/dirt on the ‘worn’ bits...surely that wouldn’t be tough for them to do?!
    Yeah, but why spend 20 minutes on relicing when 10 will do? That third Mansion won't pay for itself you know.