SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Gibson Custom Shop Firebird I '63 reissue

What's Hot
I'm on the look out for a Gibson custom shop Firebird I '63 reissue.  I'd love an original but will never be able to afford the price tag.  I know there was a run of these in 2015 like this:

This is going to be a pretty long shot as I'm only aware of 1 of these from the 2015 run that came to these shores.  It did originally make it to a forum member so it may still be lurking in these parts somewhere.

I'm not interested the JB Epiphone version but any other years that Gibson did a Firebird I 63 reissue would definitely be of interest.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Back from page 5 bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That an spectacular guitar 
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    @nickb_boy ; Do you know Ben the original owner of that guitar? He is probably one of your best chances of getting another one. Rare 'ol birds. Good luck with your search :) 
    Trotter said:
    @nickb_boy ; Do you know Ben the original owner of that guitar? He is probably one of your best chances of getting another one. Rare 'ol birds. Good luck with your search :) 
    I had chatted to Ben before posting this up.  He is keeping his eye out for me as well to see if I can avoid the current cost of ordering a new one.  Cheers for reaching out!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    edited August 2018
    nickb_boy said: Cheers for reaching out!
    Are you a member of the Four Tops...?!  
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    Man that’s nice! What kind of a ball park figure are we talking to order a new one?
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited August 2018
    Have you considered a Kauer Banshee? Even a new custom order will likely be cheaper than a  CS Gibson...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Duppy03 said:
    Man that’s nice! What kind of a ball park figure are we talking to order a new one?
    Originally this 2015/16 run were available for about £2.5k.  Right now they'd probably be over £4k or so for a new one.

Moe_Zambeek said:Have you considered a Kauer Banshee? Even a new custom order will likely be cheaper than a  CS Gibson...

I did like the original run that Doug did of the Banshee with the Protocaster finish like this one:

Since they had to change the design slightly to avoid Gibson's C+D the new version doesn't quite have the same visual appeal to me for some reason.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Another nudge
    Anyone able to help me avoid importing one?