Steve Coogan and John C Reilly star as Laurel and Hardy

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2607
in Off Topic tFB Trader

https://i.imgur.com/sxGM9gf.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45060155

Knowing me Alan Partridge, knowing you Stan Laurel. Aha!

Steve Coogan has gone from playing the hapless Norfolk-based TV and radio host to playing one half of legendary comedy duo Laurel and Hardy in a new film.

The first photo has been released of Coogan as Laurel alongside Guardians of the Galaxy actor John C Reilly, who plays Oliver Hardy in Stan & Ollie.

The film, which follows the pair on their farewell tour, will close the BFI London Film Festival on 21 October.

That will be its world premiere, ahead of its cinema release next January.

Laurel and Hardy earned their places as all-time comedy greats by starring in more than 100 films together from the 1920s to the 1950s.

The film is described as a "heart-warming story" that follows them on their "triumphant" final tour of UK and Ireland in 1953.

It has been penned by Jeff Pope, who wrote 2013's Oscar-nominated Philomena with Coogan.

Director Jon S Baird said: "Stan & Ollie, at its heart, is a love story between old friends who just happen to be two of the most iconic comedic characters in Hollywood's history."

The film also will also star Nina Arianda and Shirley Henderson as Laurel and Hardy's wives Ida and Lucille.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I saw that photo yesterday and I have to say that they look the part. I've always been a big fan of Steve Coogan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I like them both, and I'm a big Alan Partridge fan.  This should be good.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    John C Reilly is a very convincing actor.  

If you have never seen him and Will Ferrell as Bowie and Crosby, you are missing out.  I'd link, but it's August
  • John C Reilly???
    Where was he when his wife was addressing The Harper Valley PTA?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Saw Coogen jogging a few months ago in Manchester. Has anyone seen him in Curb? Funny as fook. 

• John C Reilly looks very much like Ollie...

...and Steve Coogan looks very much like Rob Brydon looking very much like Stan.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks interesting although I always preferred Harold Lloyd. 
  • saw about this a few days ago. about time too, the greatest double act of all time. a film about them has been a long time coming.did you know that up until the day he died, stan was listed in the phone book, and actually welcomed strangers calling him up, when he would answer questions and chat for hours about the films and his time with ollie.

reilly looks uncannily like hardy, and coogan does a good job as well, especially with the voice.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom