Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107

It's such a nothing article. Putting Northern Sky by Nick Drake in there as something that needs very little accompaniment is bizarre as his voice is really not enough to carry a song along. The real turd in the waste paper basket is this though: 

"Which brings me to the issue of diversity, or the lack of it. Popular music, like so much Western art over the centuries, has marginalised women and, regrettably, the paucity of female artists included reflects that. There are only 16 songs by women in my 100; the achievements of those voices that shattered the glass ceiling seem all the more remarkable when you consider the struggle they faced just to be heard."

Maybe it's just because you're a fuckwit, Neil, and you didn't look in the dance field. Shara Nelson's vocal on Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack and Beth Gibbons on any number of Portishead albums aren't in there. Fuck me, Gibbons was THE voice of the whole trip hop era and you've decided that a) she ain't good enough for you and b) she can't carry a song enough. Find a vocal only version of Glory Box now, Neil, and eat your absurd words. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom