Celeb spotting new level !

What's Hot

Comments

• In the last few years at work I've had nice chats with Dominic Monaghan, Bradley Wiggins, Jimmy Anderson, Jenny Frost, Gee Atherton and most recently Lena Heady. I was really tempted to ask Cersei to say "I choose violence", but you know, like professionalism and stuff, and she was jet-lagged to fuck!

Apparently several famous footballers and boxers also but I had no fucking clue who they were.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    robgilmo said:
    Ah, I thought we were talking about properly famous people like Elvis and Jim Morrison, I feel slightly disappointed now.
    I saw Elvis and Jim Morrison in Egypt about twenty years ago, playing in a street band with Jimi Hendrix.

Or at least it looked a bit like them! Unfortunately it was the last day of the holiday and I had run out of film (remember film cameras?) so you will just have to take my word for it... it was quite surreal and funny though, they really did look like Arab versions of them.

Apart from that I only get to meet famous people when they come into the shop, which is not often when I'm actually there. I did sell Lou Barlow an HH bass amp a few years ago though.

(Who? :) )

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6901
    edited August 2018
    I saw Stuart Maconie and the guy who plays Peter Barlow in Coronation Street outside a bar near me recently (though not on the same day....)
    I hope he lived up to his on screen persona, and was actually ‘Barlowed’?

You often see lots of Corrie ‘stars’ and ex-street actors in Manc. 

Seeing Les Battersby in a shitty boozer mid morning with his only his Aldi carrier bag and a pint for company was a bit sad...

Disclaimer: It might have been a Lidl bag - definitely wasn’t Waitrose.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Iamnobody said:
    I saw Stuart Maconie and the guy who plays Peter Barlow in Coronation Street outside a bar near me recently (though not on the same day....)
    I hope he lived up to his on screen persona, and was actually ‘Barlowed’?

You often see lots of Corrie ‘stars’ and ex-street actors in Manc.
    Badly Drawn Boy was the most regular ‘celeb’ near me - but not seen him for ages. His son (and Peter Barlow’s daughter) were in my son’s class at school.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited August 2018
    I’ve got a mate on Farcebook who jogged past Olivia Newton John in Hyde Park just the other day. A thread winner for sure.

Edit: Olivia Newton John was also jogging, if that matters.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    simonk said:
    I’ve got a mate on Farcebook who jogged past Olivia Newton John in Hyde Park just the other day. A thread winner for sure.

It got physical, then?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4500
    A few years ago, a mate and I were heading up to London to see Lez Zeppelin (female Led Zep covers band).  We're standing at Reading station, and I said to him, 'don't make it obvious, but turn round'.

Which he duly did, to see Jimmy Page wander past.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    simonk said:

It got physical, then?
    He wished... he’s hopelessly devoted to her.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Tone71 said:
    I was in Kensington High street the other week when the motorbike police came screaming down blowing whistles and stopping everyone from moving (fairly common) then some range rovers passed by and inside was..........only the bloody queen!!

I'm no royalist but was actually quite moved by the experience, it surprised me that she didnt have the windows blacked out as usually they are.

Stopping everyone and bullying their way through sounds standard practice for old birds in range rovers around here... 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2018
    skunkwerx said:
    Finally, I was on till myself one time, when a right little Essex sort with pink hair came over. Jodie Marsh was her name. And by God was she ripped. 

I was just about hitting on her and chatting about her game of thrones dvd purchase when an actual brick outhouse rocked up beside her. I presume it was her bodyguard, or other half. 

She was also lovely.
    I wonder if that is the same brick outhouse who is trying to strangle her? ...

https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/wp/prod/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2016/07/Jodie-Marsh-300x400.jpg
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    A few years ago, a mate and I were heading up to London to see Lez Zeppelin (female Led Zep covers band).  We're standing at Reading station, and I said to him, 'don't make it obvious, but turn round'.

Which he duly did, to see Jimmy Page wander past.
    I saw JP at Victoria station a few years ago.  He's apparently not averse to public transport...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Freebird said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Finally, I was on till myself one time, when a right little Essex sort with pink hair came over. Jodie Marsh was her name. And by God was she ripped. 

I was just about hitting on her and chatting about her game of thrones dvd purchase when an actual brick outhouse rocked up beside her. I presume it was her bodyguard, or other half. 

She was also lovely.
    I wonder if that is the same brick outhouse who is trying to strangle her? ...

https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/wp/prod/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2016/07/Jodie-Marsh-300x400.jpg
    Mmmm I’d do terrible, unspeakable things to her.. which is funny, I don’t usually go for the whole swollen looking fish, masculine arms shit. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • I have reasonably high hit rate with celebrities. Willie Nelson, Caprice, Curly Watts, Tim Robbins. Liam Neeson was in my workplace filming last week. I was queing for a couple of pizza slices for wife and daughter in Venice and Emily Watson (proper actor, not Hermione) was beside me. I grinned, eyes agog wanting to say 'I loved you in "Punch Drunk Love"' but she just shook her head to say ''Hey Dude, I am on my hols with the kids, don't make a scene." She had quite big hands.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I had a piddle next to Ian McCaskell in a Welcome Break services once...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Stuart lived for a few years near Bearwood ( suburb of Birmingham which contains the comedy club The Bear which gave us the comedy careers of Frank Skinner and Alan Davies) and I saw him several times at the same Indian restaurant, MrsTheWeary saw him once in Tesco. When the singer in my band was house hunting around that area he looked at Marconie’s house up for sale. Although Stuart wasn’t there his collection of signed photos and gold records,etc, from various pop stars were. 

https://i.imgur.com/k9R9pGP.jpg

I saw Tal Farlow at "the bear" there was hardly anyone in , maybe 10 15 , it was like a private concert , his hands were like shovels , he played polka dots and moonbeams for me , very cool ... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    west said:
    Stuart lived for a few years near Bearwood ( suburb of Birmingham which contains the comedy club The Bear which gave us the comedy careers of Frank Skinner and Alan Davies) and I saw him several times at the same Indian restaurant, MrsTheWeary saw him once in Tesco. When the singer in my band was house hunting around that area he looked at Marconie’s house up for sale. Although Stuart wasn’t there his collection of signed photos and gold records,etc, from various pop stars were. 

I saw Tal Farlow at "the bear" there was hardly anyone in , maybe 10 15 , it was like a private concert , his hands were like shovels , he played polka dots and moonbeams for me , very cool ... 
    The Bear Tavern at one point was a pretty successful jazz and blues venue as well as comedy club. I saw Shuggie Otis playing with a pick up band in the bar. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I played water polo at uni & was late to a game so missed the first two quarters.
     The coach sent me in with the words "you get number 3. He's a big unit, but I'd go easy" then winked at me. 

I assumed the wink meant "do everything short of drowning him". Which I did. 
    A great battle ensued. I kept thinking he looked familiar, but it's not exactly possible to chat mid match. His nickname was Whales- big & swims... Original. 

Anyway, he came over to shake hands after the game. Then I realized where I knew him from. I'd been grappling with (Prince) William or "Wales" as his squad shirt said. 
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    west said:

The Bear Tavern at one point was a pretty successful jazz and blues venue as well as comedy club. I saw Shuggie Otis playing with a pick up band in the bar. 
    yep i used to go quite a bit , i liked tom hill and the straightjackets ;)   neil bullock on drums .....
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26955
    My father in law used to sell drugs to Ozzy Osbourne...

(he's a pharmacist)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    I see James Cosmo in the supermarket quite a bit. 

I used to to see John Terry and his Mrs there quite a bit too, when he played for Chelski. 

Another shopper was Max Clifford. 

I saw Annie, the bassist from Elastica in Bodyshop down Carnaby Street a long time ago. She was buying face scrub. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to