Celeb spotting new level !

What's Hot

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    jonnygreentrees said:
    I met Norman Cook on an indoor ski slope in Dubai, he was really nice
    Sounds like you come a long, long way together....

I've got a Norman Cook sat nav and it makes me go round in circles. All it keeps saying is "right here, right now, right here, right now"
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Clarky said:
    this lil' story didn't happen to me, my bassist told it to me about a mate of his..

his mate is a singer / guitarist from Brum
    he was on a train to London cos his band was playing a showcase for a major label
    so.. this old fella is sat on the seat opposite, see's the guitar case and asks him about music and his band etc..
    so my mate's mate apparently goes on and on for ages about his band, how they were on the up and up, the showcase etc..
    really digging himself and his band up..
    after a little over an hour, he asks the old fella if he plays guitar and the old fella say yes..
    he asks if he plays in bands and stuff and he say yes.. Deep Purple and Rainbow.. lol..
    It's a bit hard to imagine Blackmore being so chatty.  And was he wearing his full pseudo-mediaeval clobber?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    proggy said:
    jonnygreentrees said:

I've got a Norman Cook sat nav and it makes me go round in circles. All it keeps saying is "right here, right now, right here, right now"
    As opposed to the Bonnie Tyler one which kept saying ‘Turn around’ and every now and then it fell apart....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    proggy said:
    jonnygreentrees said:

As opposed to the Bonnie Tyler one which kept saying ‘Turn around’ and every now and then it fell apart....
    Which reminds me, I once saw Bonnie Tyler at the petrol station near our school in Swansea.  The school's long gone, the petrol station too... and I don't know if Bonnie still lives in Swansea.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Philly_Q said:
    proggy said:
    jonnygreentrees said:

Which reminds me, I once saw Bonnie Tyler at the petrol station near our school in Swansea.  The school's long gone, the petrol station too... and I don't know if Bonnie still lives in Swansea.

She was a question on pop master today. I didn't know her real name is Gaynor Hopkins. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    edited August 2018
    Philly_Q said:
    proggy said:
    jonnygreentrees said:

I bumped into Bonnie in France a few years ago.

She asked me directions.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I'm on my second wind - as a kid I used to spend every summer up in Shetland, because my grandparents lived there.

This was the height of the oil boom - so lots of visiting people and lots of autographs.

I still have John Noakes, Peter Purvis, Lesley Judd, Shirley Bassey and rather disturbingly Jimmy Saville autographed sick bags would you believe? (Only things which came to hand)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    I came back from Belgium on the Eurostar and sitting in adjacent seats were Siouxsie Sioux and Budgie... both reading and discussing some poncy french highbrow books... She was wearing a ushanka and a grey military trench style coat - no thigh boots sadly...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Philly_Q said:
    Clarky said:
    this lil' story didn't happen to me, my bassist told it to me about a mate of his..

his mate is a singer / guitarist from Brum
    he was on a train to London cos his band was playing a showcase for a major label
    so.. this old fella is sat on the seat opposite, see's the guitar case and asks him about music and his band etc..
    so my mate's mate apparently goes on and on for ages about his band, how they were on the up and up, the showcase etc..
    really digging himself and his band up..
    after a little over an hour, he asks the old fella if he plays guitar and the old fella say yes..
    he asks if he plays in bands and stuff and he say yes.. Deep Purple and Rainbow.. lol..
    It's a bit hard to imagine Blackmore being so chatty.  And was he wearing his full pseudo-mediaeval clobber?
    no idea... I wasn't there.. lol
    play every note as if it were your first
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2631
    peteri said:
    Irather disturbingly Jimmy Saville autographed sick bags 

I think a sick bag is probably the most appropriate thing to have a Savile autograph on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    we recorded the Exiles album at Mark Lusardi's studio [years ago]..
    a year or two later I was at an airport somewhere and bumped into Linda Lusardi...
    I pointed at her saying "you're... erm... you're..... errr.."
    she said.. "yes..."
    and I continued... "Mark's sister?" lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    I've seen Jack White accepting room service in a hotel. I was walking past his room from mine to the lifts when he opened the door. I just said Good Morning and carried on. 
    Hotel Yorba?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I've seen Jack White accepting room service in a hotel. I was walking past his room from mine to the lifts when he opened the door. I just said Good Morning and carried on. 
    Hotel Yorba?

Unfortunately not, it was the Dakota in Leeds. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I saw Babs Windsor in Baker Street once..I also played snooker on the table next to Bernie Clifton. 
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I use to be mates with Jim Callaghan`s grandson in the 70s and we use to have a kick around in my mates yard with him now and again

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    I was on the Manchester to London train once, about 6 years ago
    I noticed Rebecca Atkinson from Shameless  in my carriage or the next one whilst I walked past getting on the train (at the rear of the train)

When I got off at Euston, she was a few paces ahead of me, and when we got to the end of the platform, there were hordes of paparazzi swarming around the front first class carriage. I thought that might have been a bit depressing for her to walk past the paps unnoticed.
    I didn't recognise the celeb, just saw a big bloke I didn't know. Found out later it was (tiny) Kylie Minogue, with her 2m tall fella.
    I was on the Manchester to London train once, about 6 years ago
    I noticed Rebecca Atkinson from Shameless  in my carriage or the next one whilst I walked past getting on the train (at the rear of the train)

I've seen a few "celebs" on trains and buses - various London MPs, Issy Suttie from Peep Show, Emily Lloyd from that old film Wish You Were Here.  I was boarding a train at Euston once and had to wait ages for a bloke to pack up his laptop, headphones etc before getting off - it turned out to be Goldie.  My brother once spent a train journey chatting with Jim Davidson.

In central London there are celebs all over the place if you keep your eyes open, especially around the theatres and posher shops.  I go to the London Film Festival every year and there are lots of familiar faces at the screenings, especially the higher profile premieres. Sometimes as an ordinary ticket-holder you have to walk down the red carpet past all the paps and celeb-spotters, it makes you feel a right twat...  

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    I used to live in Richmond. 
    I've got this thread won. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7778
    Reverend said:
    I used to live in Richmond. 
    I've got this thread won. 

Only if you've played snooker on the SAME table as Bernie Clifton.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom