Midi control of zoom Mg50/70?

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
Anyone use these live and control with midi? You know, banks and presets etc?

What's the best/cheapest  way to do this ?

I thank you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    edited August 2018
    I have one as a rig backup and it works really well. I did a gig with it in a tiny place last month when my big board and amp wouldn't fit.

You need two things; a midi to USB converter and a midi controller. I use a Kenton USB to midi host (I have one going spare so hit me up if you fancy it). For a controller I use a  Tech21 midi moose as it gives me access to five consecutive patches at once. I think there's one on sale in the classifieds.
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    edited August 2018
    I also use the Kenton midi host, it really does unleash the MS70CDR! I love mine it's really impressed me.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I'm listening @impmann - what else would I need to make this happen on top of your box of magic?
    I'm listening @impmann - what else would I need to make this happen on top of your box of magic?
    Errrr.... tbh, I bought it when I had a Zoom as I wanted to connect it to my Gigrig G2 and never even unpacked it. So realistically... I don't know. But I'm told it does the same thing as the Kenton mentioned above only cheaper.

Sorry to sound vague... but I bought it after a couple of sherberts and reading a thread on here where someone recommended it. :-)

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    @Travisthedog Read the second post in this thread and it tells you all you need. Switcher > midi cable > > USB host > USB cable > Zoom.
  • The easiest all round way seems to be a disaster area DMC micro which you plug straight into the zoom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I've used one of the hobbytronics boxes to control a Line6 PocketPod. It worked well apart from rapid expression pedal use fir volume / wah use. TBH I bought it just as a "let's see if it can be done" rather than any real intent to use in anger.