SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Classic Laquer 60's Strat

What's Hot
AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
Hi All,

With the buying of a new house, I thought it was time to tidy up my collection a bit and get back to just my two number 1s. First to go is my 2014 Fender Classic Laquer in 3TSB. I've owned this guitar from new and it was bought at Andertons near the end of 2014.

I had visited Andertons to play this model and possibly check out a few others in my price range. The first one I played was great, but I wasn't a fan of the ultra orange tinted neck. I ask the employee if I could try another of the same model, this was was again fine, but the fretboard was really light in colour. Luckily 3rd time was a charm and this was by far the best of the bunch (nice dark rosewood, no visible body join and lighter than the other two).

The guitar is completely stock other than the Eric Johnson tone mod (move the bottom tone knob to the bridge pickup, leaving the middle wide open) and a set of 10s slapped on. It hasn't been out the house since I bought it as I am mainly a tele man and take that to jams etc!

I have the original tweed hardcase but no box to post it in, so collection only please. I'm based Taunton area, so can easily travel to Bristol/Bath/Exeter to meet with a buyer.

<s>£600</s> £550

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    I have a 2015 one of these that has bit more of a Trump shade to the neck and headstock! Great guitars, and I think the pickups in these are very, very good. Out of interest, what is the neck like? Mine feels quite skinny, which is not what I expected, but is a great feeling neck nonetheless.

Great price for one of these, GLWTS.
  • I have a 2015 one of these that has bit more of a Trump shade to the neck and headstock! Great guitars, and I think the pickups in these are very, very good. Out of interest, what is the neck like? Mine feels quite skinny, which is not what I expected, but is a great feeling neck nonetheless.

Great price for one of these, GLWTS.
    Thanks mate! Yeah I'd agree the neck is on the slimmer side, I had a go on a 60s American Original and that was fatter.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    I thought mine had been a one-off that had maybe been sanded a bit too much, so good to know that they’re consistent. I had an older non-lacquer Classic 60s that was a bit more of a handful, but not as nice a guitar overall.
  • Up we go.
  • Bump, will try to get some better pictures this week. The burst definitely isn't as obnoxious or clown like as in some of the images above.
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    edited August 2018
    Another pic taken just now with some natural light coming through the window. Still doesn't show the burst right! Too red in this pic.  Price drop to £550 too.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold pending meetup this weekend.