SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Circuit Board 80’s Gibson pickups WANTED

supessupes Frets: 179
edited August 2018 in Parts £
Looking for a set of the Bill Lawrence designed humbuckers used in Gibson Les Pauls from around 1988-1990. Bit specific i know, but you never know your luck! Commonly known as “circuit board” pickups, HB-R and HB-L.
i have a 1989 Les Paul fitted with them and thinking of fitting them to a later Les Paul too

thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• supessupes Frets: 179
    Still looking
  • How much would you want to pay?
    @BornFromAJackal depends on condition, how much are you selling for? PM me 
    @BornFromAJackal sent message had no reply mate. Are you wanting to sell these?
  • supes said:
    @BornFromAJackal sent message had no reply mate. Are you wanting to sell these?
    Hi mate, sorry I didn’t get email notification from these. A friend was looking to sell some a while back but they are long gone. My bad!
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2018
    I've got some in my '89 standard in excellent condition. I was going to change them out, but I've taken a real shine to them. They kinda grow on you don't they. If I ever have any second thoughts I will let you know, but the thing is I would only ever replace them with OX4, BKP or something similar.

What colour is your '89? They've got great necks on them, hey 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Yeah i think they’re bright and “clean” pickups, and can sound great depending on the guitar/amp being used. Mine is 89 LP into Silver Jubilee headand cab, and just seems to work. 

My 89 Lp has had a neck break, is well played, but i love it. Neck is just right and it’s a light burst (sorry dont know the official colour but it’s similar to a lot of the 80’s Lp’s).
    Still looking for bridge pickup