Michael Romeo solo album

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
The new Michael Romeo is really great with absolutely loads of great riffs and playing.  It's more like earlier Symphony X in that there are some progressive elements in there.  There is one track that combines power metal and dubstep....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Very cool, thanks for posting. I will check this out when I get home...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    beed84 said:
    Very cool, thanks for posting. I will check this out when I get home...

There seem to be quite a few tracks uploaded to Youtube by the record label - definitely worth giving them all a listen to if you have the time.
  • The entire album is on Spotify.. very much a Symphony X album and then some..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    The entire album is on Spotify.. very much a Symphony X album and then some..
    Yeah it’s a great album.  I bought a physical copy to add to my Symphony X collection.  His songwriting skills are very strong, which isn’t the case for a lot of shredder type guitarists.  
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Had a listen this aft. Although the playing is great (as you would expect from Romeo) and a couple of relatively decent songs, I thought as a whole it was pretty average and somewhat forgettable. It didn’t blow me away as I hoped.
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    Not the best thing he's ever made, but I'll listen to anything he does. Sounds a bit like The Odyssey. I liked that album, very underrated...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Yeah, I thought it looked interesting. I have some Symphony X CDs, but I kind of moved away from that kind of music some years ago. I'd consider this but I don't do artist rip off Spotify, I will buy it if I want to hear it.
  • axisus said:
    Yeah, I thought it looked interesting. I have some Symphony X CDs, but I kind of moved away from that kind of music some years ago. I'd consider this but I don't do artist rip off Spotify, I will buy it if I want to hear it.
    There are quite a few tracks on the official YouTube channel to check out.  :+1: 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited September 2018
    I liked that - thanks.

I don't know too much about him or Symphony X but he could easily do film music/soundtracks