Dog meat.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    With the impending food and medicine shortages it seems like a bad time to be legislating against alternative protein sources.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    I'm just hoping they never legislate against eating people, there's no shortage of them and they make for damn fine sport and eating. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    I've never fancied a tin of Chappie to be honest, heard it's a bit ruff.
    Chappie is just rebadged:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/23/article-1268200-008F9B261000044C-429_468x286.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

https://img.coopathome.ch/produkte/880_880/RGB/5934447_001.jpg?_=1505115687844

I'd hate to meet the insect with balls that size ...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Interestingly enough insect burgers and insect balls have started making an appearance in swiss supermarket chain Coop.

https://img.coopathome.ch/produkte/880_880/RGB/5934447_001.jpg?_=1505115687844

Bloody hell, what sort of insect has balls as big as those?
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    57Deluxe said:
    I've never fancied a tin of Chappie to be honest, heard it's a bit ruff.
    Chappie is just rebadged:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/23/article-1268200-008F9B261000044C-429_468x286.jpg

Upgraded I think you meant.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24300
    edited August 2018
    I've never heard about it being bad to eat carnivores. What's the reasoning behind that?
    I also didn't know pigs were omnivorous either!

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    dunno about it being bad, but it doesn't make a huge amount of sense feeding meat to something that you want to eat, you may as well eat the meat on the 1st place. We eat meat cos we're really bad at digesting grass, so we eat things that are good at eating things we're bad at (plus they taste really nice, and eating meat really, REALLY pisses off vegans).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    munckee said:

Plus as people mentioned we revere dogs.  Like the Samuel L Jackson scene in pulp fiction they have character unlike pigs which unfortunately for them taste like bacon...
    I was sure that said reservoir dogs!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • westwest Frets: 996

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Dogs have evolved with us over the centuries, been part of the work/ hunting  group family, alarm system and protection (sometimes )  a Dog has one unique feature symbiotic with us humans , left gaze bias ( a rehsus monkey has it but in a different way i think )  dogs read our face from right to left and effectivly read our emotional state happy sad etc ( only in humans not other dogs )  ... also when you stroke and  pet a dog it raises oxytocin levels in us which is  highly beneficial ...  im a pretty indecisive bloke but a dog is the best animal in the world for me, ringed tailed limas, tigers elephants can do one .. ( quite partial to a dolphin but that aint going to work  ...)   thats why i could never eat a dog even in a survival situation , pretending they are the same as farm animals is bollocks for me ...  also i saw a vile video once set  in some hanoi pit of hell, apparently dogs are very tough and sinuey to eat   so this fucker had one hung up  alive beating it with a bat to tenderise it then skinned alive for the pot ...

• Question for vegetarians and vegans:

If God didn't intend us to eat animals, why are they made of meat?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Question for vegetarians and vegans:

If God didn't intend us to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

I bet not a single non meat eater has ever heard that new and wonderful joke before.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've never heard about it being bad to eat carnivores. What's the reasoning behind that?
    I also didn't know pigs were omnivorous either!

I guess we’ve not eaten carnivores because they are more likely to fight back! 

Apart from that as I understand it:

With food chains carnivores tend to be smaller in number so are the least likely prey animals ( obvs not true of domesticated cats and dogs now)for us. 

They usually need to be lithe so more sinewy to eat than grazing animals. Apparently a lot of carnivore meat is strongly flavoured and people tend not to like the taste. 

As they eat other animals often including long dead ones they are more likely to have parasites and/ or suffer from bioaccumulation - animals get toxins from what they eat and then carnivores get the toxins from their prey. This is why sharks are considered inedible ( high risk of mercury poisoning) for example. 

Breeding carnivores for meat has more impact on the environment - you have to grow plants to feed the prey animals which are then fed to the carnivores. The closer you get to just growing the plants the less impact you are having. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom