SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WANTED: 12" radius Strat - CP60's / G&L / WHY?

vaticancameosvaticancameos Frets: 186
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
I've got a hankering to add a 12" radius Strat to my growing collection of Strats.

I know the older MIM Classic Player 60's Strats have these sized necks, but am unsure about others...

Ideally im looking for sunburst/rosewood, would consider maple if not in sunburst or black

Don't have a high budget, probably looking at Fender CP 60s or alternatives at the 500 max price point. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• £500 should get you CP 60s Strat in a private sale. It would be the obvious choice in your budget - I had a Sonic Blue one and it was brilliant, especially the pickups. Kinda regret moving it on, but such are the whims of the GAS demons...
  • £500 should get you CP 60s Strat in a private sale. It would be the obvious choice in your budget - I had a Sonic Blue one and it was brilliant, especially the pickups. Kinda regret moving it on, but such are the whims of the GAS demons...
    Good to know, I already have a MIM Strat and an early AVRI '62, some of the MIMs are great!
  • Bump
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 300

G&L's have 12 radius,  with your budget you can consider brand new Tribute model, made in Indonesia. I'm gonna save you the sales pitch of the brand and their quality, check it online.  
  • antonyiv said:

G&L's have 12 radius,  with your budget you can consider brand new Tribute model, made in Indonesia. I'm gonna save you the sales pitch of the brand and their quality, check it online.  
    I’ve had an older USA model ASAT before, is the Indonesian range just as good? 
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 300

My Indonesian S-500 is one of my favorite guitars, although I have much more expensive ones.  I've never played a bad G&L, no matter if it was Tribute or USA. Of course, you have to try before you buy. 
  • antonyiv said:

My Indonesian S-500 is one of my favorite guitars, although I have much more expensive ones.  I've never played a bad G&L, no matter if it was Tribute or USA. Of course, you have to try before you buy. 

S500 seems like a good shout actually I hadn’t thought of that, might add a modern, more flexible Strat style sound to my Strat collection!
  • Bump