In the Night Garden live... Dadsnet content ;)

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
Just got back from taking my daughter to see it.. it may have been the best day of her life.. she was screaming in sheer joy the whole way through.. when Iggle Piggle came on she started jumping up and down and totally lost her shit, arms waving shouting etc.
We then paid to meet Iggle Piggle and she loved it, was a little shy then couldn't stop the hugging :)

It is also the last year they are doing it.. last dates are late August I think. 

My girl is 2ish but there was quite a range of ages. 

Totally recommend going if you have a little one as this is your last chance. 

https://www.nightgardenlive.com/

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    I learned to play the theme tune on the guitar for my daughter when she was that age :).

She’s 11 now but she was talking about it the other day... still remembers it well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    ICBM said:
    I learned to play the theme tune on the guitar for my daughter when she was that age :).
    Me too. For a long time she loved it, but when she outgrew the programme she started expressing disapproval whenever I played it. So I kept on playing it of course.

Now she’s 15 and I only have to play the first two notes to get a rise out of her. It’s great!

If I’m playing something on the guitar and she comes in the room I gently segue into the theme and see how quickly she notices. Simple pleasures. :)
    9reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Its weird how you start to forget this stuff as your kids grow up a bit. The amount of times i nodded off trying to rock a little person to sleep with the Night Garden on in the background...

I have seen The Wiggles more times than any band that i like. 5 i think. It might be 6.
    I have seen the Sam Moran as Yellow Wiggle era; the post- Sam Moran fallout reunion tour with Greg back in the Yellow shirt; and then a final farewell tour which was emotional as the original band bowed out.
    I know way more about this shit than i should
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    First of all, I don't have kids. Or even spend any time with kids. 

But a few years ago, when I sprained my hand and was in the constant pain phase (which meant I was permanently high on a combination of painkillers and natural endorphins) and knew I couldn't get to sleep for the pain, I remembered hearing about ITNG, and played every episode available at that time on my iPad as I lay there trying to drift off to sleep. 

It's genuinely one of my favourite television series ever, but I watch it as a close relation of the Twin Peaks reboot as much as anything else. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    All of my neices have loved it and it's been a very handy thing to have available when looking after them. I've lost count of the times I've fallen asleep with ITNG on the TV and one of the girls curled up on my lap.

Uppsy Daisy is an outrageous flirt. She's forever lifting her skirt for iggle piggle.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    How the lyrics for the Macca Pacca song wete not nominated for an Ivo Novello is completely beyond me...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31501
    I've lost count of the number of times the kids have asked me to put it on, then ten minutes later everyone else is running around outside and I realise I'm the only one on the sofa watching it...
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    The live version of that must be like taking acid in the 60s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I missed the Night Garden thing, I think my kids were too old by then. We did have Teletubbies right from the start.

I always thought that the night garden characters looked at bit weird.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I remember watching it with my nephews and not 'getting' it.. it was weird and i didn't like it. Fast forward a few years with my own kid and it is the best thing ever :)
    RMJ said:
    The live version of that must be like taking acid in the 60s
    The actual show was really good.. you could see the actors were having fun with it, they must (or probably did when they started) really get a kick out of seeing so many ridiculously happy kids shouting with sheer joy at them.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    axisus said:
    I missed the Night Garden thing, I think my kids were too old by then. We did have Teletubbies right from the start.

But the teletubbies were ok?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ITNG was the first programme me and my son used to watch together and he loved CBeebies Land, shouting and pointing at everything the ride and hugging Iggle Piggle in a meet n' greet tent.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1744
    Happy times watching these programmes with my daughter. She's 8 next week and has grown up far too quickly.
    Her mum and I split up when she was 3 years old so i look back on the cbeebies years with great fondness of when i used to see her everyday.

Our favourite used to be 3rd and Bird. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    I used to love watching my daughter enjoy the TV programme it when she was a tot, hearing the theme tune makes me feel somewhat wistful
  • The music has a meloncholly air that makes you hark back to watching your children or grandchildren in that innocent pre-school time, sometimes as it actually happens.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    RedRabbit said:

Uppsy Daisy is an outrageous flirt. She's forever lifting her skirt for iggle piggle.
    Yeah I agree.  Uppsy Daisy seems to be a immoral hussy out to seduce the boat sleeping hobo Iggle Piggle, but to his credit Iggle Piggle seems to conduct himself as a gentleman at all times. 

Makkapakka is a rock monster who seems to speak nonsense in a garbled manner but I admire his dedication to his causes, he seems like a good guy. 

As for the Pontipines, I have no fucking idea what's going on there :(

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    FX_Munkee said:
    axisus said:

But the teletubbies were ok?
    Yeah, they looked cool. Especially the gay purple one with the handbag. One of the night garden has a bent head.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    axisus said:

Same creative team as Teletubbies I believe.

Utterly off it's face, like Magic Roundabout was errr when I was lickle.

I identified strongly with Macca Pakka.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4773
    Damn them, bastards!!

This was the last thing I wanted to hear! I was fully committed to taking my daughter next year when she was two. Then my wife found out that they were stopping it this year, gutted isn't the word. Just can't take her this year at all. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Boromedic said:
    Damn them, bastards!!

This was the last thing I wanted to hear! I was fully committed to taking my daughter next year when she was two. Then my wife found out that they were stopping it this year, gutted isn't the word. Just can't take her this year at all. 
    There were lots of younger children there too.. they looked like they enjoyed the songs, lights colours etc. Also a healthy dose of group mentality makes even docile kids go mad :)
    A picture with Iggle Piggle or Upsy Daisy would make a great momento for her. 
    Go :)