Just so you all know

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1844
The fender Mirror Image Delay is total and utter gash.

Really awful and yet all the YouTube vids make it sound like it's the best 80 quid you could ever spend on a delay.

The repeats are so quiet that you have to have the level.on full just to get even the subtlest whiff of delay

Avoid
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Broken?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheap
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I struggled to get a decent sound out of it when trying in the shop. I appreciate they've kind taken a different path in terms of dialling in sounds, but I couldn't see why one of these was any better than the 8 billion other delays. The drive pedals are better, though. But again, there are so many options out there, you need to have a unique tone/selling point beyond just the Fender name and that nice battery flap. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Yup, I'll be returning it forthwith
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited August 2018
    There's a reason why good delay pedals are pricey

Did you try their distortion offering ? That is utter cak 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    All of that range are utter shit 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited August 2018
    I don’t see this. There’s plenty of good cheap delays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 840
    BBBlues said:
    I don’t see this. There’s plenty of good cheap delays.
    Got to agree with that. My DD3 is one of the best delays I’ve ever had. It just works
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Yes DD3 is a good staple. More than enough for my uses. Sold my timeline because I never used 90% of its capabilities. I think the fender pedal range is on a loser though personally. Branding is what it does have going for them though 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    See I think the dd3 is very sterile and more than showing its age. Can you even buy one new now days?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    Just out of interest, is it OK into the front of an overdriven amp? I appreciate that that may not be how you want to use a delay.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 840
    See I think the dd3 is very sterile and more than showing its age. Can you even buy one new now days?
    It’s so interesting how people perceive things so differently. I have tried a Timeline, a DD7, a DD20 and found them all to be much more sterile than a DD3, which to me sounds very natural and warm. I really like the Sdd 3000 pedal (apart from the annoying volume drop on the Sdd3000 model mode). Have had 2 of them and now can’t find another (hence my WTB thread). 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    Pretty sure they still sell the DD3 new alongside the DD7, presumably for those who don't want all the gubbins of the DD7. 

My favourite was the old DSD-2 with that long chip and the sweet but brief sample function. Sold it to my mate as I already have too many delays but kind of regret it. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16255
    The fender Mirror Image Delay is total and utter gash.

Really awful and yet all the YouTube vids make it sound like it's the best 80 quid you could ever spend on a delay.

The repeats are so quiet that you have to have the level.on full just to get even the subtlest whiff of delay

Avoid
    I think on the clips I've seen no one coaxed any space ship or even vaguely similar noises from it so it doesn't surprise me. 
    That quite expensive Ernie Ball delay seemed like that and having tried one it's £200* of struggling to tell if it's turned on. Maybe these things come alive at loud stage volume, always going to be hidden by guitar shop levels and without using FX loops,etc, so maybe it's unfair. But there wouldn't be the same issues with a DD3 in the same situation so maybe they just are a bit crap. 

* Quick Google says now about £170, I think they have come down in price. They look nice though. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I’ve been round and round the digital delay circle over the years and ended up back where I started - several times! - Boss DD-2. It just sounds the best, even though it has very limited functionality.

The early DD-3 is identical, but although they still (I think) do make one, it’s not quite the same. The DD-7 is not bad either. I probably should get another one to do all the trick stuff that the 2 doesn’t... but this time not sell the 2!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    I've had a DSD2 (or DSD3 - same circuit) on my board since 1993 on and off. Its a great, basic, digital delay.

It shares space currently with a Boonar, previously an Analogman ARDX20 with an AMAZE1... it holds it own, IMHO.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Im borrowing one at present and using in to a dirty amp, no complaints from me. I tend to have it set with one or two repeats and a shortish delay time. A decent delay pedal I'd say. Hope that helps @ICBM ;
    Im borrowing one at present and using in to a dirty amp, no complaints from me. I tend to have it set with one or two repeats and a shortish delay time. A decent delay pedal I'd say. Hope that helps @ICBM ;
    I wondered if that might be the case - the guitarist in my band has a Catalinbread Belle Epoch, which I found that with... I honestly thought it sounded crap into a clean amp or in a loop, but in front of a dirty amp (how he uses it) it's perfect - you need exactly the much 'weaker' repeats so they don't overpower the dry signal but are brought up to the right level by the amp distortion. A typical 'good' digital delay like the DD-2 is more difficult to set with just the right (low) amount of level and feedback.

Horses for courses...

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7746
    save your money, and get a DD500.  Freakin' awesome dealy!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    TheMarlin said:
    save your money, and get a DD500.  Freakin' awesome dealy!
    save your money by paying three times as much?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom