Fender Super-Sonic 22 Test

What's Hot
arayadisarayadis Frets: 47
edited August 2018 in Amps
https://youtu.be/5LU4ymR_4eE

Hi guys,
In this video I tried to give sound samples of the amps as much as I can.
I think Fender Super-Sonic is one of the most versatile Fender amps in the market and I played four different guitars to show its versatility.
Gibson Custom Shop 1957 Goldtop Reissue
MJT custom aged body, Musikraft quartersawn maple neck
Jackson DK2
Fender Stratocaster Classic Player ‘60s
Fender 2x12 Matching Cabinet is mic’d with 3 microphones two sm57s (dynamic), 1 audio technica At2020 ( as a room mic). The sound was recorded in a large room which is not acoustically treated so you're gonna hear how it'll sound in your own room.

If you are not a metalhead I suggest you this amp. Gorgeous cleans and great drives.
Hope you like it. Please let me know what do you think.
Cheers

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I love the way the Supersonic sounds, really unusal gain structure, great for Fuzzy Punk and stoner rock.
    I do not like the way it reacts to stage lighting and I do not like the DAMNED LOUD BACKGROUND HISS. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    Love mine, wonderful clean at sensible vol with useful mid boost which is great for fattening up single coils when playing single strings. Drive channel to my ears sounds best not too distorted as it shows a lot of detail . Both gains around 1 o'clockish. A bit noisy as said above.
    I'd recommend it to anyone as a plug and play amp that'll cover anything at home or live.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    edited August 2018
    I love the way the Supersonic sounds, really unusal gain structure, great for Fuzzy Punk and stoner rock.
    I do not like the way it reacts to stage lighting and I do not like the DAMNED LOUD BACKGROUND HISS. 

Absolutely^... these are my dream amp on paper. Look great, Fender , Reverb, great cleans, drive channel but I’ve never tried one that hasn’t sounded like a bag of really pissed off snakes s

Having said that... your vid was cracking... have your first WOW.... Welcome to the Forum :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    count the Fat ppl walking past your gaf...!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I had the supersonic to head . Shifted it on when I got a h&k statesman el34 head. To be fair the clean on the fender was better but the dirty channel and boost options on the  hk sounded fabulous to me and I still got that amp 6 years later.. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Another vote for the Supersonic from me. I think they are fantastic amps. I’ve had two 60’s a Head and combo. The reason I sold them was that the volume was just too much for me to use. I mean they are loud!

Although it was perfectly useable I did not favour the driven side of the amp. The Bassman clean setting was superb though and took pedals very well. 

I would be keen to try a 22 as I’ve not used one. I should imagine it’s as good as the 60. If anything I’d have thought more user friendly 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I had a SS22 for a couple of years and it was nearly a great amp.  Apart from the hiss problem - particularly when using reverb - there was a weird non-linearity until you actually got to pub gig volume.  You'd have to be really careful when strumming a basic rhythm or it sounded like it had some sort of built-in expander.  I've found a few players who'd experienced the same thing.