Damn... broke my arm.

What's Hot

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery John!

dont suppose the shop caught it on CCTV did they? :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948

I clicked on this thinking "he's been trying to re-string those damn bigsbys again!!"

Get better soon!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Bad luck John.   Hope it mends quickly.  If you need a hand with anything (no pun intended), just give me a shout.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    That's what you get for having the temerity to run at age 51 : >
    Get well soon.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    That's a real bummer. I was going to drop by the shop as well as I'm in Edinburgh right now on my way back to Belfast.

Take it easy. 
  • Sounds painful, hope you heal quickly.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9527
    Sorry to hear that mate.... speedy recovery...:)

PS - did the gaffa tape/WD40 approach not work ?
  • On the subject of WD40 I used it to remove a stain on a work shirt recently.

It wasn’t shifting with a regular wash, and the rub washing up liquid into the stain ‘trick’ did nothing either.

So not having any proper stain remover I decided to spray WD40 on it and wash it again, and it worked!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Sorry to hear it and I hope sleeping isn't too painful for you- it was for me when I broke my arm.

Weeks 3-4 were the hardest- mostly due to boredom.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    Major bummer, take care and rest up, hope it gets functional quicker than 4 weeks!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    best wishes for a quick return - keep posting on FB - I like your feedback/comments etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • [Insert Sad Face Here]
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Glad you didn’t get the ticket, at least. All the best!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    usedtobe said:
    Glad you didn’t get the ticket, at least. All the best!
    The annoying thing is that the loss of income over the next few weeks means it would have been far better to take the ticket instead. I won’t be able to do my mail-order packing job either, even if I could get myself there...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it will mend quickly
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Sorry to hear that GWS.
    Although slightly disappointed there's no pictures of your arm hanging 90 degrees out of position, with an accompanying question as to whether you think you should see a doctor. As is standard forum etiquette.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4913
    Ow-ow-ow, sounds horrendous!  Here's hoping for e full and speedy recovery.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    edited November 2018
    FX_Munkee said:

Although slightly disappointed there's no pictures of your arm hanging 90 degrees out of position, with an accompanying question as to whether you think you should see a doctor. As is standard forum etiquette.
    They took this in the shop so I could see it - I couldn't lift my arm to have a look myself. After that I did agree to them calling an ambulance .

I suppose it doesn't look *that* bad, but you can see that the two forearm bones have been pushed past the end of the upper arm one. One also has a fracture at the end and there's a small chip of bone in there somewhere... the X-ray was quite freaky .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    FX_Munkee said:

They took this in the shop so I could see it - I couldn't lift my arm to have a look myself. After that I did agree to them calling an ambulance ;).

I suppose it doesn't look *that* bad, but you can see that the two forearm bones have been pushed past the end of the upper arm one. One also has a fracture at the end and there's a small chip of bone in there somewhere... the X-ray was quite freaky :).

Fuuuuuuuuuck!Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Yup, that broke.